1752812 Members
5921 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

iLo remote console: Java problem

MrPink
Occasional Contributor

iLo remote console: Java problem

Hello, I got a problem accessing any remote console from any iLO with my HP SIM server and it's working fine from another almost identical server (not SIM). I can log fine on it, use the virtual stuff, but i cant start the remote console applet.

From SIM the java give me :

telnet.connect() SocketException: java.net.ConnectException: Connection timed out: connect

and from the other server :

telnet.connect() got FD -1

with the same iLO tested (its from another server, but this give me the same symtom with any iLO from my parc), same version of IE, OS, Service pack and java on the server.

U:\>java -version
java version "1.6.0_05"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0_05-b13)
Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 10.0-b19, mixed mode)

Ive edit the PATH for removing the JRE from the SIM "C:\Program Files\HP\Systems Insight Manager\j2re\bin\server;C:\Program Files\HP\Systems Insight Manager\j2re\bin;"

No firewall bloking the port 23. Maybe the SIM is blocking it?

The iLO config "Remote Console Port Configuration : Auto" Remote Console Data Encryption : Yes" .

If event try to switch it at Enabled with no encryption without succes.

The only 2 differences i got is:

SIM : Client VM (build 10.0-b19, mixed mode, sharing)
Test server: Client VM (build 10.0-b19, mixed mode) (sharing not there. what this mean?)

And when i execute the applet, the Icon in system tray appear on the SIM but NOT on the test server (event if the option to show it from the java control panel is enabled on both). I've search "java.exe" on both to be sure that the right java is started, and the PATH, and all is looking alike.

God i hate java.
3 REPLIES 3
MrPink
Occasional Contributor

Re: iLo remote console: Java problem

I've try to change the java version as stated in the help file "http://www.hp.com/servers/manage/jvm" (1.4.2_13 JVM) without success.
MrPink
Occasional Contributor

Got an access denied with the port 23 from the network guy. You were right. wasn't the java fault!

I will close the case
MrPink
Occasional Contributor

This wae due to an access denied with the telnet port.