New Discussion юеВ

ilo remote already in use

SOLVED
Go to solution
wali chabi
Frequent Advisor

ilo remote already in use

Hi all!!!
I'm using the ilo2 on the blade BL460c servers. Every time i log in the remote console and after 20mn of no working, its shots the session but the UID led continuing to flash as someone still log in on the server. When i'm trying to open another session on the same server, the message "the console is already in use by another client" displayed and refuse to continue.
Please help me to fix the issue
5 REPLIES 5
Jimmy Vance
HPE Pro
Solution

Re: ilo remote already in use

If the session times out you can get in this situation. Two things to change, increase the session idle time, and enable the acquire option of remote console.

The session idle time is listed under Administration - Access - Options and the remote console acquire is listed under Remote Console - Settings. You didn't specify if your having the problem under the Java based remote console, or the Integrated Remote console. I see this issue most often using the Java based remote console.
No support by private messages. Please ask the forum! 
Jimmy Vance
HPE Pro

Also when you use the acquire feature, a lot of times it just appears to hang. After you hit the acquire button, wait about 15 seconds, close the console session and start it again
No support by private messages. Please ask the forum! 
wali chabi
Frequent Advisor

Thank you for your response

The problem starts with the JAVA based console. But now the two options (Integated Remote Console and Java based) don't open. When I open and close the session, nothing happens. The problem occurs every time the session close itself after 20mn. I have sixteen blades in my enclosure and may persons manage the server from different sites of our company. Do i need to turn off the server before tunning the features? If no please tell me the steps to follow.
wali chabi
Frequent Advisor

Thank you for your response

The problem starts with the JAVA based console. But now the two options (Integated Remote Console and Java based) don't open. When I open and close the session, nothing happens. The problem occurs every time the session close itself after 20mn. I have sixteen blades in my enclosure. Do i need to turn off the server before tunning the features? If no please tell me the steps to follow.
wali chabi
Frequent Advisor

Hi Mr Jimmy Vance
I try your suggestion and its works. All things are well now.
Thank you for your help.

Wali