Simpler Navigation for Servers and Operating Systems
Completed: a much simpler Servers and Operating Systems section of the Community. We combined many of the older boards, so you won't have to click through so many levels to get at the information you need. Check the consolidated boards here as many sub-forums are now single boards.
Server Management - Remote Server Management
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ilo2 DL370 G6 with pci-express graphics card

Pedro Sebastian
Occasional Contributor

ilo2 DL370 G6 with pci-express graphics card

Hi.
iLO 2 Firmware Version: 2.00 06/21/2010
I have DL370 G6 with pci-e graphics card (NVIDIA Quadro FX-5800) configured as primary, and integrated graphics card is configured as secondary on RBSU (BIOS).
The problem:
I can't use the grafical remote console on ILO2 with this configuration. (i probed intergrated Remote console (Iexplorer) and java remote console.
I attach image wiht java remote console (no video)

If I change the integrated graphics card as primary, and the pci-e as secondary, in RBSU (BIOS) everything works fine.

I use this server for render and i don't want to use this system with pci-e as secondary.
Any solution?
Thanks.
Pedro
3 REPLIES
Oscar A. Perez
Honored Contributor

Re: ilo2 DL370 G6 with pci-express graphics card

iLO2 is physically connected to the integrated video chip so, it is not possible for iLO2 to use another video card for the remote console.

I need a workstation/server to remote render, admin, install new OS, etc. (like ILO2 functions, included Remote Console, stats, etc..) (enrackable model).
I want to use PCI-E nvidia quadro FX5800
What is the system that I could use to perform these tasks remotely.
Pedro
Carlos_Martinez_ML330
Occasional Advisor

Hi, I'm looking to resolve the same problem...

To get the video remote console in a system with a PCIe Video Card installed.

About your question.

In my oppinion, as technical consultant, you will need to use a workstation blade with a 3D graphic card and a remote desktop console improved with RGS.

http://h20331.www2.hp.com/hpsub/cache/286504-0-0-225-121.html

Regards