Server Management - Remote Server Management
1753519 Members
5943 Online
108795 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

mass ilo4 configuration out of box

Rthompson_2

mass ilo4 configuration out of box

Ok so here goes I have about 1000 new sl4540's that I need to configure the ilo4 interfaces. I will be gathering the ilo names, mac addresses, and will be matching up the default passwords to those systems putting them into a data file. I will be setting up a dhcp server to issue ips to the mac addresses which will in turn end up being the static ips as well. I want to be able to use the locfg.pl tool to configure static ip, add users etc... I see that this can be done through substitution with the hponcfg utility but in the scripting tool pdf I don't see that substitution can be used with locfg.pl. Am I missing something or does locfg.pl allow for substitution like hponcfg? Is there a better way to do this altogether. I have used hp sim and OA in the past and things have been done manually. I would like to circumvent configuring these mainually if posssible.

Thanks

P.S. This thread has been moved from Servers > General to ITRC Remote Lights-Out Mgmt (iLO 2, iLO, RILOE II) Forum. - Hp Forum Moderator

3 REPLIES 3
Jimmy Vance
HPE Pro

Re: mass ilo4 configuration out of box

I don't think locfg.pl accepts substitution pairs like hponcfg. My first though would be to create a script that reads from your database (or csv file) and creates the RIBCL file on the fly for locfg.pl to use in some sort of loop.

No support by private messages. Please ask the forum! 
Oscar A. Perez
Honored Contributor

I believe that the new locfg.pl that is included with sample scripts version 4.20 supports variable subtitutions.

Here is the link for Sample Scripts for Windows which includes the locfg.pl as well.  Linux sample scripts 4.20 for Linux are not released yet.

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?swItem=MTX-0bc525f969c74185a7fc3ff883

You can change the ILO settings by script.

i would recommend addign such a script in your OS deployment, or configure HP SIM (or alike) to run the script on multiple hosts.

Any way, as not unusual in deployment scenarios, there is no complete out-of-the box solution, you will have to create a customized script that matches all your requirements.

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodTypeId=0&prodSeriesId=428936&prodNameId=3288114&swEnvOID=1005&swLang=8&taskId=135&swItem=MTX-0bc525f969c74185a7fc3ff883&mode=3