1753808 Members
8460 Online
108805 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

2 server with the same UUID

Daniel Rosendahl
Occasional Advisor

2 server with the same UUID

I have 2 servers with the same UUID. In SIM I see one system with booth servers ip-addresses. Is it possible to change the UUID?

// Daniel
4 REPLIES 4
Justin Galbraith

Re: 2 server with the same UUID

I'm having this same problem right now with 6 servers combined into 3 records.

At least we know the cause. In an emergency, we had to use the drive from one pool server to rebuild another that failed. We've done that 3 times now and all three pairs are in combined records.

I would truly love to know if there is a way to regenerate the UUID of a server or if this is even the piece that is tying these servers together.

So far, I have tried searching in all files on the server for the UUID listed in SIM and also through the Registry with no luck. I've tried deleting the records out of SIM and re-adding them using names and then trying again using only their IP's.

If there is a way to correct this I would be very appreciative since some of our servers would take weeks to rebuild by hand if we can no longer use this process.

Thanks

Guido Koetter
Frequent Advisor

Hello,

to change the UUID you need to change the settings in the registry. It may be the key HLM\Software\Compaq Insight Agent\hostGUID where the key hostGUID must be deleted. The Server-ID is normaly build when the agents are installed. Using images results in server eith the same id.

Please also check out this forum the solution (complete registry description) was given several month ago.

Regards

Guido
Daniel Rosendahl
Occasional Advisor

Stopping the HP agents, deleting hostGUID and starting the HP agents resolved the problem.

Thanks Guido!

Best regards, Daniel
Justin Galbraith

You guys rock!

Thanks for the help.