5372 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: 7.1 to 7.2 upgrade options greyed out

richard wallis
Advisor

7.1 to 7.2 upgrade options greyed out

Hi there,

I am trying to upgrade from 71. to 7.2 and under the database configuration section it will allow me to put in a password but instance is greyed out and incorrect showing MSSQLSERVER, with no other option available and the 'use this one' is also greyed out leaving me nowhere to go, if I click next then it fails to connect which is no surprise as I am using SQL Express 2008 R2.

Any ideas on why and what can I do to move forward with this upgrade?

Richard.

9 REPLIES 9
Andrew_Haak
Honored Contributor

Did you use the existing database option during the install/upgrade.
Kind regards,

Andrew
richard wallis
Advisor

Hi there,

The DB has been moved recently and MSSQLSERVER would match the previous SQL server instance and it would have been upgraded on the old server and not the new.

What do we need to change to allow the upgrade to proceed?

Andrew_Haak
Honored Contributor

You say the dbs was moved, is it on an other server ?

is it still a sql express ? And still at port 1433?

Can you add a screenshot of the install?

Kind regards,

Andrew
richard wallis
Advisor

Hi there,

Thanks for your response, yes, it was on a different server and has been moved to a new server with a different SQL Express instance.

The previous instance was MSSQLSERVER on a full blown SQL cluster server, now the DB is on the local machine SQL Express, port still on 1433.

See pic attached.

Richard.

Andrew_Haak
Honored Contributor

Hello,

You could try to install the management studio to create a user in SQL to use to connect to the default instance. The name you see in the screenshot should not be a problem.

Kind regards,

Andrew
richard wallis
Advisor

Hi there,

I have tried creating a new user for the DB but it fails with the attached error.

Kind Regards

Richard.

BrianKelly
Advisor

If you moved the database the new server name, IP and database user have to be exactly the same as the old server.

If not you'll need to run MX commands to reinitialze the database to the new  information. 

richard wallis
Advisor

Hi there,

I have added the user into SQL and changed the user login to Insight manager, when the service is started the error appears in the log;

Caused by: java.sql.SQLException: Login failed. The login is from an untrusted domain and cannot be used with Windows authentication.

SQL is running in mixed mode and the ODBC connection is successful using the username password I have set in HP Insight manager.

Is there a way to tell IM not to expect Windows authentication?

Andrew_Haak
Honored Contributor

You can aldo take a look here :

http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/ITRC-HP-Systems-Insight-Manager/HP-SIM-installation-Remote-SQL-database-permissions/td-p/5013047

And look at the user part and database instantie info part
Kind regards,

Andrew