Server Management - Systems Insight Manager
1748140 Members
3551 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion

7.2 to 7.4 - What happened to the CW column and Options>Contract and Warranty Data Collections?

7.2 to 7.4 - What happened to the CW column and Options>Contract and Warranty Data Collections?

After doing a fresh install of 7.4 I no longer see the CW column or Options>Contract and Warranty Data Collection.  Is it turned off or no longer available?

4 REPLIES 4
n0kia
Valued Contributor

Re: 7.2 to 7.4 - What happened to the CW column and Options>Contract and Warranty Data Collection

Insight Remote support 5.x made those columns available. IRs 5.x doesn't work with 7.3+,

The new IRS can be on it's own without HP SIM. There are some integration features with IRS 7.x to SIM 7.3+.

https://h20392.www2.hp.com/portal/swdepot/displayProductInfo.do?productNumber=RSSWMBASE

Brad Cunningham
Trusted Contributor

Re: 7.2 to 7.4 - What happened to the CW column and Options>Contract and Warranty Data Collection

Remote Support Advanced is not supported beyond 7.2.2.

I am afraid you have broken Remote Support Advance when you did the SIM upgrade.

You will need to install Insight Remote Support 7.3 for contract information and automatic case creation.

Once you have IRS installed make sure you enable the Insight Online feature. From Insight Online you will be able to run contract/warranty, configuration and event report for your enviorment

Marcus Svensson
Advisor

Hi,

Yes you will need to install IRS 7.x.

As mentioned above there are some integration between IRS 7.x and HP SIM but you should not use them due to the fact that the IRS 7.x database can be corrupt.

In my personal opinion the move from Advanced IRS 5.x to IRS 7.x has complicated the solution. With Advnaced IRS 5.x we could see the CW column in HP SIM, we could also see the case number that HP has on the HW-alarm.

Now I need to have to application to keep a eye on, HP SIM and IRS 7.x.

Hope that all this will be solved in OneView.

Brad Cunningham
Trusted Contributor

As far as the integration adapter you can enable the adapter to "Forward Events to SIM" This function works very much like Remote Suppot Advanced. The case ID opened by IRS will show in SIM the same way Remote Support Advanced did.

The syncing of protocols and systems which seems like a good idea but you should not enable these.

As an example, if  you are trying to monitor a systems agentless SIM requires SNMP configured in the ILO4 where as Insight Remote Support uses RIBCL. If you sync these type of systems it would not work correctly.