5639 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: ASR on Gen8

zeroagemain
Frequent Advisor

ASR on Gen8

Hi All,

Pre Gen8, if a server ASR'd we would clear the event in IML and also reset the ASR count in SMH to prevent the server continuing to alert in SIM.

Now we are on Gen8, SMH isn't required I don't believe as it is empty due to OS agents being replaced by AM/AMS.

So how do we clear the ASR count or access ASR info that used to be in SMH?

I've even installed SMH on my Gen8 servers as a workaround but the ASR section is missing (RHEL6.2, SMH 7.1.0-16.x86_64).

Surely we aren't expected to boot into RBSU each time?

Regards,

ZaM

4 REPLIES 4
shocko
Honored Contributor

SMH requires the IM agents or the WBEM agents. have you installed them and tried? There might be smoething in the smartstart scripting toolkit or the like to do this.

If my post was helpful please award me Kudos! or Points :)
zeroagemain
Frequent Advisor

Hi Shocko,

Are we the only two people using this forum?! Hehe, feels like it at the moment.

My question is more "in Gen8 where SMH is no longer required, how do we access ASR info" rather than "how can we bodge access to ASR info by installing deprecated SMH and other bits and pieces"

There must be some way we're 'supposed' to access it but I can't find any mention of it in HP's documentation...?

shocko
Honored Contributor

:) Ichecked the SMH on one of my windows gen 8 servers and the ASR stuff is still there. Possibly an issue with SMH on Linux? I'm using the SNMP agents. Might be something in the iLO 4 card? Otherwise, I think it's load up the smartStart driver and start using the command line utilities to manipulate the bIOS settings. I used to do this on my live windows boxes to set things like the asset tag etc. so could in theory be used to do what you need. Clunky though.

If my post was helpful please award me Kudos! or Points :)
zeroagemain
Frequent Advisor

Yeah we've dumped the SNMP agents on Gen8's at HP's advice in favour of the agentless management service stuff so we don't get the ASR stuff anymore.

Cheers for the extra advice, will have a look.