Server Management - Systems Insight Manager
1753500 Members
3790 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Access denied error in SMH log of the SIM management server?

Phong Thai_2
Frequent Advisor

Access denied error in SMH log of the SIM management server?

Has anyone seen the following error?

I found the error concerning a managed server in the system management homepage log of my SIM management server. The only place that I would specify this account is in the VCA setting. Could that be the reason for this error? I'm running SIM5.0.

WARNING LOG (severity=1) Wed Jan 04 04:48:09 2006
User: domain\jobuu04 from "IP address of a managed server" was DENIED access to System Management Homepage
3 REPLIES 3
Rob Buxton
Honored Contributor

I'm not sure you'd see that from the VCA as access using the VCA is from the Client Server to the Server that hosts the VCRM - unless that is the VCRM Server.

I would have thought that the SMH would only report accesses to it using the SMH web access, e.g. web access on 2301/2381.

Do you have these credentials in any of the WBEM settings for this Server? Global or System?
You might want to look at any tasks that were running on HPSIM at the time the event happened.
Phong Thai_2
Frequent Advisor

Yes, the SIM management server is also the VCRM, and this particular account is only used in VCA to access the version control repository catalog or database. It is not used anywhere else that I know of.
Craig Boeker

The VCA communicates with the VCRM through the SMH on port 2381. This log message indicates login attempt by the VCA on the managed server failed.

This can occur occasionally even when everything is configured correctly and there are retries built into the protocols to cover that. A VCA configured with an invalid password can also cause this to occur.

As long as software deployments are not failing this log message shouldn't be a reason for concern.