Access denied to System Management Homepage

SOLVED
Go to solution
Andrew Quinlan
Occasional Advisor

Access denied to System Management Homepage

Hi guys,

HP SIM 5.0 on win XP SP2 box. Local PC also XP SP2

If i am logged into the management server i am able to access any System Management Homepage however.... If i am on my local PC and use my browser to connect to Managment Server and then try to connect to System Management Homepage i get the message " You are not authorized to view this page".

Do i need to import the Management Server certificate to my PC or something along those lines?

Thanks guys,

Andrew
3 REPLIES 3
Gladiator
Valued Contributor
Solution

Re: Access denied to System Management Homepage

Hi,

You can try out this in XP.

Go to Programs->Administrative Tools->Local Security Settings and change the policy to Network Access: Sharing and security model for local accounts from Guest Only to Classic Only.

Now try browsing to System Management Homepage.
Thomas Olsen_1
Frequent Advisor

Hi Andrew

The reason for your error might be related to how you have set up permissions to access the System Management Homepage.
It is possible to configure it so you can only access it from your HP SIM server.

You mentione certificates, you I guess you are using that as security.
I haven't done that myself, but you might give it a try to import the certificate that you are using for authentication.

/Thomas
Andrew Quinlan
Occasional Advisor

Thanks for the response. The local security settings is already on Classic. As for importing the certificate, how do i go about doing that. I guess what i'm trying to do is import the Managment Server certificate to my local browser.

Thanks