1753484 Members
4161 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Account Login

Melanie Sang
Frequent Advisor

Account Login

We have upgraded all our servers to V7.30. On some servers, when you go into the System Management homepage, it says Account Login. Nothing else. So unable to view version control agents
5 REPLIES 5
jim goodman
Trusted Contributor

Hi Melanie,

You didn't say what you upgraded from, but I am suspecting older 7.1 and older agents. The new SMH utilizes OS based group authentication instead of the old agent authentication mechanism.

If you did a tyical agent upgrade via support pack they should have retained your Single Logon Trust from the HpSIM console.

- Jim
Ananthak23
Trusted Contributor

You might want to include these servers in the Trusted Sites list in the browser so that you can see the complete page (with Login dialog box).

-Anantha
Melanie Sang
Frequent Advisor

We ran the support pack (customized for our environment), and upgraded from 7.20 to 7.30. You can see all the servers correcly from the web browser, and you can view all the versions. However, when you log onto the specific server, and open up the SMHomepage on the server, it takes you straight to a page that says account login (after you've accepted the certificate).
jim goodman
Trusted Contributor

Is this true will all of your servers?

If it was working before you upgraded and nothing has been done to your browsers or systems as far as patching then I would say it lies in the SMH settings. I have upgraded alot of 7.2 to 7.3 and that hasn't been something I have seen.

I am wondering if you tried to set an SMH to Trust All and see if that changes things. If it does there maybe a problem with the certificate and you may need to delete the one in the trusted list and re-add the CMS certificate.

I have also seen on occasion where that will happen because 2 certificates were installed, but that has been an anomoly and not something I seen that I would describe as an issue, but that is worth looking at.

If you are still having problems you may want to start a case and get support to work with you on investigating other causes to redily find your solution.

- Jim
Eric_237
Frequent Advisor

I have seen this where you upgrade from 7.1 or LOWER to 7.2 or higher.

It appears that this corrupts the homepage.

The only fix is to first do an uninstall of the HP management agents from add/remove in Windows. THEN upgrade to 7.20 or higher.