Server Management - Systems Insight Manager
1752812 Members
5860 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Adding IBM Server

Steve M Park

Adding IBM Server

We just brought in an IBM X3950 8-way. I tried setting up the RSA card to forward SNMP traps. I also installed the Director agent on the Windows server as well. However, I can "manually" discover it. It never polls the server.

Anyone get an IBM server into SIM?
3 REPLIES 3
briandking
Occasional Contributor

Re: Adding IBM Server

Steve,

I had very little success with IBM's. According to IBM they do not have MIBS for most of ther servers, the few I found are vor a very few servers. The IBM's use CIM as their protocol to talk to the IBM director. Best I could do is UP\Down. The HP Sim comes with a few IBM Mibs that you can compile, but I had no success with them. To get full SNMP traps you have to buy the Remote Management card from IBM and install it. That will translate the CIM messages to SNMP and send them off to HP SIM. I elected just to put up an IBM director Monitor also, since it is free.

Brian
Steve M Park

Thanks. I do have an RSA card and that's not working either. I knew I was going to have to install the Director server - just trying to avoid it! Do you have Director forwarding alerts to CIM?
David Claypool
Honored Contributor

Steve: have you followed the steps in "How to manage non-HP servers with HP SIM" from http://www.hp.com/go/hpsim --> Information Library