Server Management - Systems Insight Manager
1752423 Members
4953 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Adding SuperMicro servers to HPSIM

Jeramiah Bowling

Adding SuperMicro servers to HPSIM

I have HPSIM 5.2 installed monitoring mostly dl360's and a couple of dl380's however I have several test SuperMicro based servers two of which are running VMWare Server for testing software. I also have some that are simply running Windows 2003.

I can't add the 2003 servers or the 2003 servers running as Host OS'es for the VM's. After the first time I try to discover them HPSIM says the IP or name is already in the system yet it isn't listed anywhere in HPSIM. What's funny is the VM guests show up in HPSIM.

Can someone assist? I've tried reinstalling HPSIM already to no avail. I need to monitor these servers. Any help is appreciated.
2 REPLIES 2
Rob Buxton
Honored Contributor

Re: Adding SuperMicro servers to HPSIM

You're going to have limited monitoring as HPSIM uses the HP Agents to gather most of its info.
What you'll need to do with the VMware Host servers is ensure snmp is installed and configured to allow the HPSIM server access.
That'll depend on the OS underneath VMware Server. Also any firewall considerations.

You'll probably find you're not displaying unknown devices, that's a discovery config option. You can enable that and then re-identify the device once you've got snmp sorted.
Jeramiah Bowling

Re: Adding SuperMicro servers to HPSIM

Thanks. I've tried adding unknown devices to the automatic discovery task, but no change.

I can't identify the systems either because they aren't in any of the generate lists on that page. When I try to manually add the host (on Discovery page) it says a system with that name or IP address already exists yet I can't find it under all systems or through a search. In the past I've had to clear out the entry using the "mx" commands from a command prompt. Even when I do this none of the systesm show in HPSIM.

Any thoughts?