4351 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion

Adding a new system to SIM getting Major error about Trusts

Nick_UK
Occasional Contributor

Adding a new system to SIM getting Major error about Trusts

Hi

I have just set up HP SIM 7.2, i have configured the VCRM which is on the same server as SIM.

I am now trying to discover a Windows 2008 R2 / DL380 G5 server , and get the below error

Major:    In order to access Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) based tools such as
          System Management Homepage and Version Control Repository Manager
          on remote systems without performing an additional sign-in, you
          need to establish trust between the Central Management Server (CMS)
          and the managed system(s).

I am not sure what i have done wrong, i have tried putting in the local Admin account as the credentials.

I have also noticed that even though i specify the SNMP read string during the discovery the snmp service on the server does not get configured.

What should i do next, my ulitmate goal is to get snmp configured, get the servers looking at my central VCRM and also get ILO working through single sign on

I have pasted the full error below

********* Significant issues and overall target discovery/identification           status: Normal:   The current discovery task has caused an existing system to be           renamed to a name starting with Orphan. The renamed system is:           Orphan-6-10.69.128.103. By default, such systems are deleted from           HP SIM as they can never become operational again. Normal:   The current discovery task has caused an existing system to be           renamed to a name starting with Orphan. The renamed system is:           Orphan-6-10.69.128.103. By default, such systems are deleted from           HP SIM as they can never become operational again. Normal:   The system has valid hardware data (model, serial number, and           unique identifier) and has been identified properly for SIM to           manage. Minor:    HP SIM can access the system(s) WMI data, but it cannot access all           the system information.

********* Additional results (listed for information only):

* Starting identification process...         * Checking for known running web servers...         * Checking for SNMP protocol support on system... Normal:   The system did not respond to SNMP. Verify security settings and           community strings in Options->Security->Credentials->System           Credentials         * Checking for SNMPv3 protocol support on system... Normal:   The system did not respond to SNMPv3. Verify security settings and           v3 credentials in Options->Security->Credentials->System           Credentials         * Running HP ProLiant management agent identification... Normal:   The system does not support SNMP.         * Running SNMP base cluster identification using common cluster           MIB... Normal:   SNMP is not supported or globally disabled, skipping SNMP cluster           identification.         * Checking for WBEM protocol support on system... Minor:    This system does not have any SMI-S CIMOMs installed. No storage           systems will be found on this system. Minor:    The Central Management System (CMS) cannot communicate with the           CIMOM locally installed on the managed system using the WBEM           protocol, Identification will try to identify Windows systems using           the WMI Mapper as proxy; for Linux and HP-UX systems, check           credentials by going to Options->Security->Credentials->System           Credentials. For Linux systems also check if the HP WBEM provider           is installed.         * Running WBEM rules based identification... Normal:   Got the system information from the WBEM / WMI providers and it has           a valid WBEM credential.         * Running Virtual Machine (VM) Host (non HP Integrity VM Host)           Identification... Normal:   The system is not a VM Host (non HP Integrity VM Host), or WBEM           credentials may not be specified so skipping VM Identification.         * Running Storage identification...         * Storage identification completed.         * Running HP NetServer identification... Normal:   The system does not support SNMP.         * Running HP-UX SNMP identification... Normal:   The system does not support SNMP.         * Running OA Identifier which will discover systems in an enclosure           if the automatic enclosure discovery option for OA is enabled... Normal:   A non-embedded operating system is detected so skipping the OA           identification.         * Running XMLReply Identifier which will discover systems in a           rack/enclosure if the automatic discovery option for the container           node is enabled... Normal:   A non-embedded operating system is detected so skipping the           Management processor identification.         * Running iLO Identifier which will discover the server if the           automatic server discovery option for iLO is enabled... Normal:   A non-embedded operating system is detected so skipping the ILO           identification.         * Running p-Class Identifier... Normal:   The system is not a p-Class so skipping p-Class identification.         * Running IPMI protocol identification... Normal:   Skipping IPMI discovery in favor of WBEM/SNMP discovery.         * Running SSH Protocol identification... Minor:    The system(s) do not have Secure Shell (SSH) installed or it is not           running on the managed system(s).         * Running SSH Identification... Normal:   SSH Protocol is not enabled so skipping SSH Identification.         * Running WS-Man identification... Normal:   A non-embedded operating system is detected so skipping the WS-MAN           identification.         * Running Monarch OA Identification... Normal:   The system is not a monarch OA so skipping monarch OA           identification.         * Checking for System Management Homepage and other HP web agents... Normal:   System Management Homepage (SMH) is installed or is responding on           the system(s).         * Running HP Serviceguard Identification... Normal:   The system is not part of HP Serviceguard cluster.         * Running SNMP System Type manager ... Normal:   The system does not support SNMP.         * Running SNMP subtypes identification...         * Resolving DNS names... Normal:   The fully qualified domain name was successfully resolved for the           system.         * Checking if the Node is a Virtual Center... Normal:   Node is not a Virtual Center Node         * Running Virtual Machine Management (VMM) Plug-in Identification...         * Building system relationships... Major:    In order to access Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) based tools such as           System Management Homepage and Version Control Repository Manager           on remote systems without performing an additional sign-in, you           need to establish trust between the Central Management Server (CMS)           and the managed system(s). Minor:    Identification has detected an orphan system which is being deleted           from the database.         * Running system Manage Communication diagnosis...         * System identification finished on system.

2 REPLIES 2
Andrew_Haak
Honored Contributor

Re: Adding a new system to SIM getting Major error about Trusts

Hello there,

Community is not enough, you also need to give the IP adress access from within the snmp service under security Accept snmp from these hosts. For Windows 2008 HP recomends using wbem the log shows that the user you use does not have enough rights from wmi, look under the WMI setting in Computer Management. Please check if all tree's and subtrees contain the user u used.

Kind regards,

Andrew

Kind regards,

Andrew
Nick_UK
Occasional Contributor

Re: Adding a new system to SIM getting Major error about Trusts

Hi Andrew

I have created a service account and added it to the local admins group of myu target server so it should have complete aceess over the target system,

I deleted the existing object from the SIM database and then re run a discovery but get the same error about trusts (pasted below)

I ticked the box to configure WBEM this time,  i specified the settings for snmp but again it did not configure them,  Am i correct in thinking that as long as the system has the snmp service installed | (which mine does) then SIM should automatically configure the SNMP trap / security settings

I have added a screenshot of my discovery task

Any ideas

Thanks

********* Significant issues and overall target discovery/identification           status:

Minor:    The discovered server cannot be associated with its management           processor. For Windows and Linux, verify that the supported HP           Insight Management Agents or WBEM provider is installed on the           server. For HP-UX, verify that the WBEM Services version has the           Management Processor provider. Also, verify that the management           processor has been discovered in HP SIM.

Normal:   The system has valid hardware data (model, serial number, and           unique identifier) and has been identified properly for SIM to           manage.

Normal:   MiniCRA has started to run as part of the discovery task, the           situation may remedy itself later. To view the task result for the           MiniCRA task, go to Tasks&Logs -> View Task Results, and click on           the Job Id [43500]. Minor:    HP SIM can access the system(s) WMI data, but it cannot access all           the system information.

********* Additional results (listed for information only):

* Starting identification process...         * Checking for known running web servers...         * Checking for SNMP protocol support on system...

Normal:   The system did not respond to SNMP. Verify security settings and           community strings in Options->Security->Credentials->System           Credentials         * Checking for SNMPv3 protocol support on system... Normal:   The system did not respond to SNMPv3. Verify security settings and           v3 credentials in Options->Security->Credentials->System           Credentials         * Running HP ProLiant management agent identification...

Normal:   The system does not support SNMP.         * Running SNMP base cluster identification using common cluster           MIB...

Normal:   SNMP is not supported or globally disabled, skipping SNMP cluster           identification.         * Checking for WBEM protocol support on system...

Minor:    This system does not have any SMI-S CIMOMs installed. No storage           systems will be found on this system. Minor:    The Central Management System (CMS) cannot communicate with the           CIMOM locally installed on the managed system using the WBEM           protocol, Identification will try to identify Windows systems using           the WMI Mapper as proxy; for Linux and HP-UX systems, check           credentials by going to Options->Security->Credentials->System           Credentials. For Linux systems also check if the HP WBEM provider           is installed.         * Running WBEM rules based identification...

Normal:   Got the system information from the WBEM / WMI providers and it has           a valid WBEM credential.         * Running Virtual Machine (VM) Host (non HP Integrity VM Host)           Identification...

Normal:   The system is not a VM Host (non HP Integrity VM Host), or WBEM           credentials may not be specified so skipping VM Identification.         * Running Storage identification...         * Storage identification completed.         * Running HP NetServer identification...

Normal:   The system does not support SNMP.         * Running HP-UX SNMP identification...

Normal:   The system does not support SNMP.         * Running OA Identifier which will discover systems in an enclosure           if the automatic enclosure discovery option for OA is enabled...

Normal:   A non-embedded operating system is detected so skipping the OA           identification.         * Running XMLReply Identifier which will discover systems in a           rack/enclosure if the automatic discovery option for the container           node is enabled...

Normal:   A non-embedded operating system is detected so skipping the           Management processor identification.         * Running iLO Identifier which will discover the server if the           automatic server discovery option for iLO is enabled...

Normal:   A non-embedded operating system is detected so skipping the ILO           identification.         * Running p-Class Identifier... Normal:   The system is not a p-Class so skipping p-Class identification.         * Running IPMI protocol identification...

Normal:   Skipping IPMI discovery in favor of WBEM/SNMP discovery.         * Running SSH Protocol identification... Minor:    The system(s) do not have Secure Shell (SSH) installed or it is not           running on the managed system(s).         * Running SSH Identification...

Normal:   SSH Protocol is not enabled so skipping SSH Identification.         * Running WS-Man identification... Normal:   A non-embedded operating system is detected so skipping the WS-MAN           identification.         * Running Monarch OA Identification...

Normal:   The system is not a monarch OA so skipping monarch OA           identification.         * Checking for System Management Homepage and other HP web agents...

Normal:   System Management Homepage (SMH) is installed or is responding on           the system(s).         * Running HP Serviceguard Identification...

Normal:   The system is not part of HP Serviceguard cluster.         * Running SNMP System Type manager ...

Normal:   The system does not support SNMP.         * Running SNMP subtypes identification...         * Resolving DNS names...

Normal:   The fully qualified domain name was successfully resolved for the           system.         * Checking if the Node is a Virtual Center...

Normal:   Skipping MxVirtualCenter Identifier         * Running Virtual Machine Management (VMM) Plug-in Identification...         * System passed the discovery filter and will be added.         * Building system relationships...

Major:    In order to access Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) based tools such as           System Management Homepage and Version Control Repository Manager           on remote systems without performing an additional sign-in, you           need to establish trust between the Central Management Server (CMS)           and the managed system(s).         * Running system Manage Communication diagnosis...         * System identification finished on system.