9058 Online
108808 Solutions
New Discussion

Adding a server in HP SIM 6.3

arturlibano
Occasional Advisor

Adding a server in HP SIM 6.3

HI all,

please a have a doubt:  how can i add a server without using  discovery ?

thanks. 

6 REPLIES 6
upAndup448768
Frequent Advisor

Re: Adding a server in HP SIM 6.3

If you are looking for a way to add a server without having to use the web interface, you can use the command line utility "mxnode.exe". For example:

C:\>cd "\Program Files\HP\Systems Insight Manager\bin"
C:\Program Files\HP\Systems Insight Manager\bin>mxnode.exe -a server.corp.company.com

Andrew_Haak
Honored Contributor

Or if you have a list of servers, set this up in your discovery instead of subnets.

Kind regards,

Andrew
arturlibano
Occasional Advisor

Sorry, im new at HP SIM. How can i execute mxnode? i need to install HP SIM in my computer?  

I manage HP SIM only in Web page.

upAndup448768
Frequent Advisor

You need to log into the server that hosts your HP SIM instance and run mxnode.exe from there. 

arturlibano
Occasional Advisor

Do Servers need any agent or client installed for Insight Manager can monitoring servers?

Andrew_Haak
Honored Contributor

Yes if you have pre gen8 you need either WBEM or SNMP agents and the system management homepage. If the servers are gen8 or newer you need to configure your ILO's to forward errors by configuring SNMP traps and you need the Agentless Management service software. All this info is to little to make ik work but first take a look at your servers if the software is already installed. Also SIM 6.3!is an older version of SIM. The current version is 7.6 and the 6.3 has a lot of security issues.
Kind regards,

Andrew