Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding nPars to SIM with HPUX 11.11

SOLVED
Go to solution
Steve Miller - GFS
Occasional Visitor

Adding nPars to SIM with HPUX 11.11

We are attempting to add a system to SIM with multiple nPars. The first nPar could be added fine. However, when the second nPar was added, the first nPar was removed. I believe that SIM found identical serial numbers, and so believes the systems are the same.

The only pre-requisite to the SIM/RSP install was missing was the nPar and vPar providers. However, I have been unable to locate these providers for HPUX 11.11. According to this document, http://h10018.www1.hp.com/wwsolutions/misc/hpsim-helpfiles/OEARInformation.pdf , it appears that the nParProvider was rolled into SysAuxBase at some point, for 11.11. However, I've also been unable to find an upgrade to SysAuxBase easily. vParProvider also appears to be missing from HP's website, at least from what I can determine.

Has anyone had experience adding a system with multiple nPars to SIM under HPUX 11.11? The system being added is an rp8400 with 2 nPars.
3 REPLIES
Jaime Bolanos Rojas.
Honored Contributor

Re: Adding nPars to SIM with HPUX 11.11

Steve,

The Nparprovider is only available for 11.23 and 11.31:

http://h20392.www2.hp.com/portal/swdepot/displayProductInfo.do?productNumber=nParProvider

Regards,

Jaime.
Work hard when the need comes out.
Jaime Bolanos Rojas.
Honored Contributor
Solution

Steve,

It looks like you are going to have to request the latest media for 11.11 and install it from there since it´s not available for download.

Regards,

Jaime.
Work hard when the need comes out.
Steve Miller - GFS
Occasional Visitor

Thanks for the info. Is the nParProvider available as a seperate package for installation, or has it been bundled into HPUXBaseAux?

In any case, I will request new media for HPUX 11.11.

Thanks again,
Steve