Server Management - Systems Insight Manager
1752399 Members
5461 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

After Upgrade to SIM 5.1 Sp1

Barry Clayton

After Upgrade to SIM 5.1 Sp1

I recently upgraded to SIM 5.1 sp1, since then the Insight webpage doesn't allow me to drill down to a server to view system details and get access to the Systems Homepage. I'm also unable to view details of system events, the webpages do not load when the link is clicked.

I'm also not entirely convinced its collecting data succesfully. SNMP settings have not alftered during the upgrade.

I could do with some pointers as to how to investigate this, I'm reasonable new to SIM.

Thanks in advance.
2 REPLIES 2
Geoff Schunicht
HPE Pro

Re: After Upgrade to SIM 5.1 Sp1

It may help to know what is seen in this case too.

Check the HP SIM install\lib directory. There was one case where there were a number of *.tmp files in this directory. If they exist, stop HP SIM, move the *.tmp files to a back-up location and restart. It should be OK to remove those other files at a later date.
I work for HPE.
Barry Clayton

Re: After Upgrade to SIM 5.1 Sp1

Can't find and .tmp files in the \lib directory.

I've also noticed I can only see my servers in the All systems view. I did setup a group for each site I monitor, however if I click on the group no servers are listed.

In addition I am unable to delete systems. Systems are added manually so I wanted to try and re-add a system and discovered I couldn't delete. It appears to be deleting however when the page refreshes the system is still there.