cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Agent 8.7 cpqhlth.dll issue

Neil R Shaw
Occasional Visitor

Agent 8.7 cpqhlth.dll issue

Sorry, it's that favourite cpqglth.dll problem again!
Running HP SIM 6.2 on Win7 Enterprise.
Server I am working with is a ProLiant DL380 G4 running Win2k3 Enterprise with SP2.
First tried with the 8.6 ad 8.7 agents (upgrade from 8.6 to 8.7 was done by removing 8.6, rebooting then installing 8.7 direct rather than via HP SIM) on this server but the HP Insight Server Agents service fails to start, throwing the message "aulting application cqmgserv.exe, version 8.70.0.0, faulting module cpqhlth.dll, version 8.70.0.0, fault address 0x0001cf94." (or 8.60.0.0 when using that version).
If I remove "System Information" from the active agents list (Control Panel > HP Management Agents) the service will start, but I don't get any useful information; e.g. I know 1 of the 2 PSUs isn't powered, but it doesn't report that.
Stranger still, if I rename the cpqhlth.dll file and copy a version 7.90.0.0 and start the service (with System Information re-activated) it works and I get my expected alert in HP SIM!
From what I read, cpqhlth.dll is something of a problematic DLL, but this has been the case for YEARS! Do I have some sort of incompatibility between the 8.6 or 8.7 agents and my hardware, or is it a continued sympton of the issues that HP experience with this particular DLL? Any advice on this would be appreciated. I am currently testing this to replace our ageing Compaq IM (version 4 or 5 I think), but so far the experience is leaving me less than impressed.
2 REPLIES
shocko
Honored Contributor

Re: Agent 8.7 cpqhlth.dll issue

They are listed for download for that model:

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareIndex.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodNameId=3288132&prodTypeId=15351&prodSeriesId=397634&swLang=8&taskId=135&swEnvOID=1005

but i dont see it on the list of supported hardware fort that server in the support hardware guide:

http://h20195.www2.hp.com/V2/GetDocument.aspx?docname=4AA3-2059ENA&cc=us&lc=en
If my post was helpful please award me Kudos! or Points :)
John Daily
Occasional Visitor

Re: Agent 8.7 cpqhlth.dll issue

I was having the same issue.

I upgraded all of the firmware and other hp/compaq drivers on the system to the latest using VCAgent. Then  after the next reboot was able to add the system information back in without the error.

My system did have a fan error, so I would guess that the older system firmware wasn't handling the error in the way that the system information was expecting.