1748155 Members
3812 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Agentless Management and system management homepage

cesarpegado
Valued Contributor

Agentless Management and system management homepage

I'm sure you're not supposed to run SNMP on WBEM if you have agentless management running. But how do you do get system manahement hompeage to load on teh server without configuring one of these?

if i'm wrong about the snmp / wbem thing then please let me know 

3 REPLIES 3
Andrew_Haak
Honored Contributor

Hello,

The Agentless Management Service should only be installed on Gen8 or newer servers. Then you should monitor the server from the ILO using SNMP and enabling the AMS option in the settings in the ILO.

The WBEM or SNMP agents should be used on G7 and below.

Kind regards,

Andrew
cesarpegado
Valued Contributor

Andrew thanks for the answer.

So when running a gen8+ i enable agentless in the ilo. i often put the read community in the SNMP for our HP SIM in the iLO as well.

But the question is does that also fill out the SMH on teh server, so if you want to look at the settings from the o/s?

Andrew_Haak
Honored Contributor

To be short, no. HP does not want you to use the SMH. The SMH has had it's fair share of OpenSSL problems. This is not a HP problem but a problem using OpenSSL in a whole bunch of programs. So if you use the ILO to read your server and receive traps this has great advantages. The ILO could be in an out of band network that your IT people can access and your customers can't. Reading OS info is done using the AMS service like OS info drivers etc in you reporting in SIM. What OS info are you looking for?

Kind regards,

Andrew