1753797 Members
7399 Online
108805 Solutions
New Discussion

Agents for Insight Manager

zzzzzxxhp
Occasional Contributor

Agents for Insight Manager

Installing Insight manager 7.1 to monitor a bunch of my blade servers. I did the preliminary discovery and found my systems. I noticed that a few of my servers already our SNMP strings  added to the server, so I am getting some hardware health from insight manager. Is this all that needs to be done for agents installs? Or is the HP SNMP agent different? Basically I am logging onto the server, going to the windows SNMP service and adding our company strings to the security tab.  Is there a need to go to the configure and repair agents section and select the install hp SNMP agent? Is this ok to do on a live server? Is this the preferred agent to use to get basic hardware health?

Also, is there anything I need to worry about when discovery discovers the servers iLO ? Im really just worried about the servers health and having it alert us with issues...

1 REPLY 1
Tushar Bajpai
Trusted Contributor

Re: Agents for Insight Manager

CRA does the same thing that you have done manually.

CRA Task

1) Installing HP SNMP Agent

2) Configure teh Community String if it is different from public

By Default SNMP MIB-2 responds and HPSIM can detect the SNMP Service on the Server. But to get more data related to Memory, Disk, CPU you have install the HP SNMP Agent.

To Check if they are already installed you can check the HPSIM System Manager Page for Health Status or look into the Managed Server Services - for HP Insight NIC Agent Service.

There are no issues installing on the live server.

if it helped, award me Kudos or Points. Thanks :)

\T Bajpai
HP Employee