Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aggregation Error pain - SIM / Insight Control 7.2

jetstream44
Occasional Contributor

Aggregation Error pain - SIM / Insight Control 7.2

Hello.

I just installed HP SIM and Insight Control 7.2 to manage a fleet of HP and non-HP servers. I've discovered all systems correctly but now getting a whole lot of "Aggregation Errors" for all the non-HP servers.

To try and solve this I've turned off all options in Options -> Power Management but the errors still get logged.

It seems that I've accidentally installed the Power Management option when installing the system. I've tried running the installer again to see if I can turn it off but the check box for Power Management is greyed out so I cannot deselect it. There doesn't seem to be any way of reconfiguring this system to turn off features.

Does anyone have any ideas on hot to remove the Power Management Integrated Console or stop these aggregation errors? They really are a pain when I don't need them.

I've been doing a lot of searching around for answers but nothing helpful is being found.

Appreciate your assistance!

Cheers!

4 REPLIES
bolekomp
Visitor

Re: Aggregation Error pain - SIM / Insight Control 7.2

I have Aggregation Errors for HP servers and I don`t know what to do with that

shocko
Honored Contributor

Please post the error details

If my post was helpful please award me Kudos! or Points :)
jetstream44
Occasional Contributor

The only way I've been able to work around this problem was to create a scheduled task that runs every 5 minutes to delete aggregation errors from the events list and exclude aggregation errors from my SMS alerts.

This is keeping me happy for the moment! :-)

I don't see any other way around this unless all servers are HP. Having a mix of HP/IBM/Dell and using SIM has it's challenges.

KBengtson
Occasional Advisor

I too have resorted to settign up an automated task to delete the aggregation events. I have not been able to find the associates MIB file, so that I can avoid handling these events altogether.

If anyone knows what SNMP MIB these events are associated with, that would be helpful to know as well.

I know that they are Power/Thermal category events.... but cannot find the specific MIB that they are generated from.

I too am getting these events for all types of systems, HP Servers, storage arrays, PDU devices, etc...