8882 Online
108805 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: All Netware clusters now show "Minor" status after SIM 5 upgraded

NJK-Work
Honored Contributor

All Netware clusters now show "Minor" status after SIM 5 upgraded

Hello,

I just upgraded from 4.2 to 5.0 SP2, and all went well except a few minor glitches.

One thing I noticed is that all our Novell clusters now show up with a Yellow (Minor problem) indicator, but there is nothing reported as wrong. Both nodes show up green, but for some reason the cluster object thinks something is wrong. These were all green prior to the upgrade.

Anyone else see this after an upgrade and know how to fix it? I know I can hack into the database and change the status fields to the correct value. But I would obviously like to avoid that especially if there really is something wrong and it is just not reporting the results correctly.

Thanks
Nelson
5 REPLIES 5
Ed Welch_1
Occasional Advisor

We have the same situation with one of our two Netware clusters. The cluster shows a minor health status problem - but both servers that make up this cluster show no errors and are both green. This first appeared right after the upgrade to 5.0. I have deleted the servers and cluster, then rediscovered, and the error returns right away.

I also found where the cluster status is stored in SQL - and corrected it temporarily, but it came back after the full Data Collection ran. Obviously the agents are reporting something that is considered a cluster problem, but not an individual server problem. Oddly, our six-server Netware cluster does not report this error.
Gareth Wilson
Occasional Advisor

has anyone found a fix for this ?

we have 2 netware clusters one a 5 mode cluster and the other is a 2 node cluster and both show the lovely yellow triangle on the cluster object even though the nodes are reporting no errors whatsoever
Gareth Wilson
Occasional Advisor

hmm just noticed that the first post reported this problem in SP2 i am running SP3 and its still occurring :(

wooohooo another one to add to the buglist :)
Tomas Lofgren
Advisor

Hi,

Can you test and see if this helps?

To workaround this issue you must change the threshold settings on the cluster nodes under
options | cluster monitor | node resource settings

by design you can not disable the thresholds or the polling cycle, nor will the threshold fields allow you to enter in duplicate values. At best you can set the following

Major - 100
Major reset - 99
Minor - 98
minor reset - 97

Available input for the polling cycle is 1 - 999.

NJK-Work
Honored Contributor

Thanks for the tip.

I was able to change one cluster, but so far the status has not changed for it (I have waited about 10 minutes or so now).

I tried to go in and change other clusters, but now my cluster monitor is blowing up again (I have posted on this problem as well, where the cluster monitor just shows a blank page - works sometimes).

Nelson