Server Management - Systems Insight Manager
1753404 Members
6985 Online
108793 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

All systems critical Health Status

Kyle Fonseca

All systems critical Health Status

Is there a way to have SIM send out pages after a maintenance window that would page on all systems with a critical health status?
6 REPLIES 6
breakpoint_arun
Advisor

Re: All systems critical Health Status

in dont know if SIM can send out (email?)

but you can certainly create a collection of systems that are critical.

click customize under "System and Event Collections" under left navigation pane.
new.. > "Choose members by attributes"
select
search for systems
where hardware status is critical.

save collection.
this should show up in the left navigation tree.
breakpoint_arun
Advisor

actually, there is a
"Critical Systems" under
Shared
Systems by Status
Critical Systems
;-)
Rancher
Honored Contributor

Sims can page and e-mail. Just go to Options, Events, Automatic Event Handling, manage Tasks. Then create a new task with the parameters you want to be notified on, and configure the paging.
Kyle Fonseca

We are using HP SIM 5.1 our maintenance window ends at 2 PM. Currently paging is turned off. When the maintenance window ends we would like to have SIM page us with any servers that are in the Critical Health Status which means they are currently power off. I know that I can see this manually but I would like SIM to page with any down servers at the end of our maintenance window.
Rancher
Honored Contributor

I would think that SIMS would page after the maintenance window as it runs its hardware status polling.
Kyle Fonseca

No, it does not put a new status event out every time it does a hardware poll. Just down a server and run a hardware polling against the server and no new events are logged.