108792 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Anonymous Access to SMH

SOLVED
Go to solution
KarimK
Frequent Advisor

Anonymous Access to SMH

Does anyone know if it is possible to add the Anonymous option to the system manangement home page on server without re-deploying the SSD again?

Karim
5 REPLIES 5
Rich Purvis
Honored Contributor

If you are using HPSIM you can set it on one server and then replicate that setting to all the others using the Replicate Agent Settings feature in HPSIM. It requires that you have a valid trust relationship setup between your servers and HPSIM.

-Rich
Why does my tivo keep recording Nickelodeon?
KarimK
Frequent Advisor

I don't have trusted certs set up.. is there any other way?
Rich Purvis
Honored Contributor
Solution

You don't have trusted certs setup or you don't have a trust setup at all? There are 3 types of trust relationships you can setup between SMH and HPSIM:
Trust By Cert (most secure)
Trust By Name (not as secure)
Trust All (not recommended)

If you have one of these types of trusts setup you can use Replicate Agent Settings with HPSIM. If you don't have any of these and you have one of the latest versions of HPSIM, it has a new feature called "Configure or Repair Agent Settings". This feature will create a certificate trust setup for you and then you can use Replicate Agent Settings.

Other than that you will have to reinstall the SMH component preconfigured for the settings you want. If you are reinstalling the same version be sure to remember to use the force option to make sure it installs.

-Rich
Why does my tivo keep recording Nickelodeon?
Paul Kratz
Frequent Advisor

Login to the SMH and go to "settings -> system management homepage -> security ->local/anonymous access"

Configure anonymous access.

The SMH configuration is stored in the file C:\hp\hpsmh\conf\smhpd.xml.
KarimK
Frequent Advisor

I have over 500 servers to do... but thanks for the option..