1753561 Members
5841 Online
108796 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Anyone have a working MIB file for EMC Clariion CX3-40

Mariano De Luca
Advisor

Anyone have a working MIB file for EMC Clariion CX3-40

I want to be able to ID our EMC Clariion CX3-40. I can see using snmputil that snmp traps are being sent and recieved to the SIM server but I do not see the events from inside of SIM.

This is the mib file we got from someone onsite at EMC:

There seems to be a syntax issue as when we try to compile it we get the following error:

Compiling clariion.mib

Line: 65: Error defining TRAP-TYPE: Expected '::=', found CLARiiON
Mib compilation failed.

Please see if they can review this mib file and see where the error exists.

I also have a support case with HP open to assist in getting this machine id'd correctly #3600402454 but I have a feeling I will need to help "myself" as I have been on hold for 2 hours and no call back or email after numerous requests for followup.
3 REPLIES 3
Rob Buxton
Honored Contributor

Identification isn't dependent on the MIBs installed. You go into Options->Manage Systems Types, and use the New tab to create a new device type based on the unique details that you get from the EMC device.

You will need snmp and matching community names set up on HPSIM and the EMC for this to work.
Steve T Griffiths
Occasional Visitor

You can use the file to generate what's necessary by removing the spaces between the line content:
change this:
eventMonitorTrap TRAP-TYPE
ENTERPRISE EMC CLARiiON Advanced Storage Solutions

To this:
eventMonitorTrap TRAP-TYPE
ENTERPRISE_EMC_CLARiiON_Advanced_Storage_Solutions

I did this for all of those lines and I was able to compile the mib successfully.
Rohit2

Hi,

Can someone please tell me the steps to get the MIB files from clariion storage system??