Server Management - Systems Insight Manager
1751805 Members
5189 Online
108781 Solutions
New Discussion

Anyone know what UDP port range the Version Control Agent (7.1.1.0) uses to listen?

smamm
Occasional Advisor

Anyone know what UDP port range the Version Control Agent (7.1.1.0) uses to listen?

I've searched through white papers and manuals, but can't seem to find a record of what UDP port range that version 7.1.1 of the Version Control Agent uses to listen. 

For example, when VCA is engaged locally on a server to compare software versions against the Repository Manager, the vcagent.exe starts listening.     When using TCPView on the server, I found this to be running on UDP port 1701.   The same scenario on other servers will result in them listening on UDP 1405, or other ports in the vicinity of 1200-1700.

Does anyone know of the full possible range?   I've had this same "documentation of port usage" problem with a couple of HP productions recently.  I can eventually get the answer if I open a case with HP, but this seems like such a waste of time when it should just be published in an article on their support site.

I looked for this answer, but wasn't able to find the UDP range even mentioned.

1 REPLY 1
J_N_Rhodes
Valued Contributor

Re: Anyone know what UDP port range the Version Control Agent (7.1.1.0) uses to listen?

Check this out:

http://h10018.www1.hp.com/wwsolutions/misc/hpsim-helpfiles/ManagingHPServers-withHPSIM.pdf

If my post was useful, please clik on "White Star" to award me kudos :)