Server Management - Systems Insight Manager
1752793 Members
5908 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Approx. 150 Servers in Minor Health Status, but can't find anything wrong.

Darren Z
Frequent Advisor

Approx. 150 Servers in Minor Health Status, but can't find anything wrong.

A few weeks ago I noticed that my Minor Health Status group was growing pretty fast. When I click on the HS Minor icon for these servers there is either nothing wrong or Version Control Agent is in a Minor or Major status.

The servers seem fine and I am am polling the servers regularly and there status doesn't change.

Most of these servers are on 7.4 and the SIM server just went to SP5. There are a lot of changes going on in the environment, so its hard to pinpoint what it is.

Any help appreciated.
5 REPLIES 5
James Kennedy_4
Trusted Contributor

Do you have all the ILOs and NICs plugged in. You'll get a minor if you don't plug in all of them.
Darren Z
Frequent Advisor

iLO's don't have a Network Cable because they are disabled and extra NIC ports don't have a Network Cable because they are disabled.

If you disable them, then the HP Agents will no longer report issues with them, "Media Disconnected".

In any case here is what I know thus far. It only seems to affect my DL380 G4's. Also to clarify what I am seeing.

In SIM under Minor/Degraded Yellow Traingle I have about 150 servers. On a majority of them I don't know what's Minor/Degraded. When I say that, I mean I then go to the servers System Management Homepage and nothing everything is green except in some instances I have Major or Minor/Degraded alert on Version Control Agent and Version Control Agent shouldn't affect HS status in SIM; only SW status in SIM.
Neal Bowman
Respected Contributor

Darren,
Have you checked the contents of the Integrated Management Log Viewer. I have seen several instances where the System Management Homepage shows the logs are in a green status, but when you actually view them, there are events that have not been cleared.

Also, if you are using Version Control, and have updated your repository with a firmware update for system, array, or ILO, it will report the server in a minor (yellow) status until you have updated the firmware.

Neal
James Kennedy_4
Trusted Contributor

Also, something new since 7.3 I beleive. If you have a NIC disabled, but its still part of a team, it will also throw a minor error on the team. I'm guessing you aren't using teaming though.
Darren Z
Frequent Advisor

I've found this issue. After calling HP they had me drill down in every category on the System Management Homepage even though they were green. What I found was under "Remote Insight" the "NVRAM Write/Read/Verify" was 'Orange'. This was most likely due to the Firmware updates I pushed not to long ago. In any case clicking 'Reset Remote Insight' fixes the issue. I then created a script to reboot all the RILOEs that were affected.