4621 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Assign licenses to Systems via HP SIM

Lisa Paxton
Advisor

Assign licenses to Systems via HP SIM

Hi,

When I try to Apply a license to a system using HP SIM V5.3 SP1 I get the following error

Tool launch Failed.

Cause: Either the tool is unregistered or has invalid configuration.

Resolution: Check the logs or refer appropriate documentation

In the log I have the following:-

@!@,2009-12-24 10:14:07 GMT,CONFIG,SUCCESS,START,TASK,Hardware Status Polling - 13367_blademanage.jersey.mourant.local,SUMMARY,blademanage\mxadmin,0,15770412,
@!@,2009-12-24 10:15:07 GMT,CONFIG,SUCCESS,START,TASK,Hardware Status Polling - 13368_blademanage.jersey.mourant.local,SUMMARY,blademanage\mxadmin,0,15771269,
@!@,2009-12-24 10:18:08 GMT,CONFIG,FAILURE,LIST,TOOL,Insight Control Environment Licensing ML DL BL,ERROR,JERSEY\blademan,21540,1196831679,
Could not find a tool named "Insight Control Environment Licensing ML DL BL" in the HP Systems Insight Manager database.

Any ideas?
12 REPLIES 12
Indra2410
Advisor

Which license you are trying to apply. It seems the license is not registered.

Did you install SIM through Integrated Installer of ICM DVD. If not then please reuse (reinstall , but it will retain all the data in currect HP SIM Database)your HP SIM through ICM DVD integrated installer.

From log it seems licensing feature registration is failed.

If you try rerunning ICM DVD integrated Installer it will automatically select set of components which are already installed (and which has internal dependencies on each other) and apart from that it will install "Insight Control Licensing and Report".Once the installation and product configuration is successful ,after that hope you will not get the error.
Lisa Paxton
Advisor

Hi,

I tried a re-install using teh ICE dvd but then SIM would not launch at all. Removed it and re-installed but I am still not able to assign the licenses. I now get an error "For the selected product, license keys cannot be assigned. There are two possible reasons:
1. The product-specific licensing component has not been installed on the central management server yet. View "Help->About..." to determine if the product whose keys you are trying to assign has been installed.
2. License Manage is not the tool used to assign license keys for this product. Refer to the product's documentation to learn how to assign its license keys.

Regards
Lisa
Lisa Paxton
Advisor

Just a note, I have Insight Control Environment licenses. Not sure if these are assigned a different way?
Indra2410
Advisor

Did you select "insight control licensing and report" to install when installing HP SIM through ICM DVD?

This type of error we getv when "insight control licensing and report" is not selected for installation or installation is not finished successfully.
Indra2410
Advisor

insight control license can be applied through HP SIm license manager UI itself provided it is registered.

Lisa Paxton
Advisor

I dont have "insight control licensing and report" as an option when I run the integrated installer
Lisa Paxton
Advisor

Yes, I run License Manager via HP SIM Deploy, License Manager. Its in here that I get the error when trying to assign the license
Indra2410
Advisor

"Insight software services" ---is it there and selected for installation? Can you please re-verify once?
Lisa Paxton
Advisor

Hello,

I ran the setup again and yes HP Insight Software Services is selected and greyed out