1751899 Members
5227 Online
108783 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Assign licenses to Systems via HP SIM

Newton S
Frequent Advisor

"HP Insight Software Services" (ISS) is the one which enables you to apply ICE licenses from Deploy->Licenes menu in SIM,

Can you re-run the installer once (with ISS being selected) and wait till it completes, then try assigning the license and post the reults,
Lisa Paxton
Advisor

I tried it again, deselecting and then re-selecting it and it worked. Very strange but thnak you for your help! :-)
Stainlessptr

I reinstalled Insight control for linux 7.1.0, and i didn't find  "insight control licensing and report" option, and it's still get this error:For the selected product, license keys cannot be assigned. There are two possible reasons:
1. The product-specific licensing component has not been installed on the central management server yet. View "Help->About..." to determine if the product whose keys you are trying to assign has been installed.
2. License Manage is not the tool used to assign license keys for this product. Refer to the product's documentation to learn how to assign its license keys.

So how can i install product-specific licensing component? My environment is Redhat 6.3, Thanks!