1752660 Members
5849 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Association between Host and iLO disappears frequently

jptr
Occasional Advisor

Association between Host and iLO disappears frequently

Association between the iLO and corresponding host keeps on disappearing. In many cases, iLO still has its association, but host does not show the Management Processor link.

The only way I can get back those links is running "Identify Systems" tool.

Has anyone seen this happening?
4 REPLIES 4
Jason Rackle
Advisor

Exact same problem here.

A handful of our servers (3 x bl25p G1, 2 xbl460c G1) have this problem. When an "identify" is run against their ilos the association is fixed until the next day. Did you ever solve this problem?
Neil Innes

I have the same issue. Every morning, the iLO associations are gone. I run an identify task for all management processors and the associations are back, until tomorrow.
Rich Purvis
Honored Contributor

Is this with the current version of HPSIM? Just curious what versions people are seeing this on. This has happened off and on in the past but I am wondering if people are still seeing it with the current version. Thanks,

-Rich
Why does my tivo keep recording Nickelodeon?
Jason Rackle
Advisor

Latest HP SIM. 5.1 with SP1 (or is it 5.0 with SP1?).

A bit more info. A batch of three BL25p G1s were purchased. A new image (W2K3 R2 SP2, latest hotfixes etc) for these three servers was created from scratch. These three BL25p G1s all had the same "association" problem. One of these three servers was re-imaged with an older image we had for BL25p G1s (W2K3 R1 SP1). The "association" problem immediately went away. Since neither HP SIM nor the onboard iLO was updated or re-configured I am leaning towards the association problem being located somewhere in the OS or in the configuration of the agents?

I am going to again try removing the servers (the two BL25p G1s that are still losing their association) and their respective iLOs from HP SIM and try re-discovering them.