108796 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Audilbe/auido alerts in SIM

SOLVED
Go to solution
ben horan
Frequent Advisor

Audilbe/auido alerts in SIM

Is there a way to generate audible/audio alerts in SIM 5.1? i.e. we want a noise when a critical event comes in.
4 REPLIES 4
Daniel Leblanc
Honored Contributor

The best way is do on EVENT thta sends on email and you creat a rules thta when you get en email from you're server with critical in the body of the message send a sound or execute a script that you can create a sound alert.

Daniel

PS:Don't ferget to apply you're points

ben horan
Frequent Advisor

I'm worried this method would cause a delay in reporting a critical alert as we'd have to wait for the email to be sent by SIM and then recieved in the inbox. Can a Custom Tool job be created to just play a sound?
Daniel Leblanc
Honored Contributor

Tip on getting help in hp forum APPLY you're points

WHY SHOULD YOU DO THIS?
There are 3 reasons why we feel rating replies is such an important feature:

1.) Others have taken time to help you, so please give them credit for their help.
2.) Your rating will help your peers earn points toward their Forums status, and you will validate the quality of the solution you've received.
3.) Other readers will understand which answer best solved a problem, enriching the community knowledge being shared.

Well this is the best way in know to answer you sorry,the first answer i give you the only one i know at least you get sound alarm.Event there you get pager alert or even a blackberry configure to receve the alerts, we are set this way blackberry plus email, work super fine and we are set with hundre and hundre servers,never failed me upto now since version 4.2

Daniel
Rob Buxton
Honored Contributor
Solution

I suppose you could use a custom command to send a wav or similar file to a device. Maybe place it in a directory of a device that scans the directory and plays a file if it finds one.

You'd need to work in the reverse direction for the solution though. e.g. figure out what device would make a noise and under what circumstances and then figure out how a script could do that.

Your custom command script can do whatever your scripting language of choice can do.