New Discussion юеВ

Re: Autodetect product name & OS name ?

SOLVED
Go to solution
Roualin
Advisor

Autodetect product name & OS name ?

Hye,

I wonder something : why some of servers in HP SIM have their product and OS name auto detected and some else not?

What can I do to force the auto detection ?

Thanks for your help
5 REPLIES 5
Roualin
Advisor

Does anyone know how to do?

Thanks
MsCindy
Advisor
Solution

Sometimes I have to run a Data Collection against some of my new machines a second time. You run a Data Collection by going to the "Options" menu and then selecting "Data Collection". Another thing that might help is if you go to the System Properties of the machine in question and verify the "Operating System for tool filtering" is set to Windows, provided it is a Windows system. After setting that run another Data Collection and that might gather more information for you.

Good luck
Roualin
Advisor

That works perfectly.

Thanks a lot!
Roualin
Advisor

Ioups

I've modified those properties but the Data Collection doesn't work for some servers...
Those servers run on Windows 2k3 server and I've set Windows on "Microsoft Windows NT Server"...
Darrin Rawls
Respected Contributor

For HP SIM to get the model number and other information, the Insight Agents must be running on that machine, and HP SIM must be able to communicate to the agents via SNMP (make sure comm strings are set, etc.). You can use the Configure/Repair Agent Settings task to force the configuration. After this is done, you can then run discovery on that one IP which is the easiest route, or you can manually run the Identification and Data Collection tasks against that node(s) to get all the data in the db. Hope that helps.