7950 Online
108795 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Automatic Discovery - missing systems in all servers

Riks_2
Frequent Advisor

Automatic Discovery - missing systems in all servers

Hi,

An automatic discovery job found two systems (according to the log) but they are missing. I can't find them in All server list.
I can ping these systems.

Does anyone know if I need to run any other task in order for them to appear in the list?!?!

Thanks!
Regards,
Riks
4 REPLIES 4
Riks_2
Frequent Advisor

If I run manual discovery, it appears.... :(
sandeep_raman
Honored Contributor

hi,

with manual discovery does it appear with unknown/unmanaged status and which log are you referring

regards,

/srh
fred Passeron
HPE Pro

hi

try to find your systems either in the all systems collection or simply using the search tool in the HP SIM UI. Type the name in there and click on the name found, it will drive you to the system page of the device.

Fram there, drill down to the product information to see which protocols were discovered.

Finally, to fix any possible communication problem, use the configure and repair agent tool in the configure menu.

hope it helps

fred
тАЬLife is pleasant. Death is peaceful. It's the transition that's troublesome.тАЭ Isaac Asimov
Riks_2
Frequent Advisor

Thanks the both for your reply.

What I found here is that..... these systems had multiple ip addresses, and when I tracked down the ip addresses which aren't used for these systems, I found out that the same UUID is shown. This could possibly indicates that they were imagaed OSs...(found in another article)

I guess I need to clear those duplicate UUID then it should be identified as a seperate system...

Thanks for your comments anyway..

Regards,
Riks