Server Management - Systems Insight Manager
1753787 Members
7434 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Automatic Driver/Firmware updates

Steve Schulze

Automatic Driver/Firmware updates

I've recently deployed a very simple install of HP SIM 5.2 for easy system management and server monitoring. SIM monitors only about 35 Intel servers running Server 2k3. My question is this: I'm a big fan of the version control agent and using this to check the servers for their HP Management software version, driver version, and firmware updates. I know how to do this manually, but can I automate this? Say I want to upgrade Server1 at 01:30 and automatically reboot. Is this possible? I can not find anything in the documentation about this, and have no formal training with the SIM product.

This may go against some people's better judgement; to schedule an update to such a degree with no one around, but trust me, this won't be automated for "mission critical" servers without someone present.

Thanks in advance to anyone for any advice they can provide to me.
2 REPLIES 2
David Claypool
Honored Contributor

See "Automating Software Maintenance in an HP Environment" from http://www.hp.com/go/hpsim --> Information Library --> Version Control documents for HP ProLiant and Integrity Systems --> Manuals - Version Control
TechGuru
Trusted Contributor

You can create a Deploy task in HPSIM and Instead of clicking "Run now" you can select "schedule" and set the time.