Server Management - Systems Insight Manager
1748066 Members
5379 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Automatic Event Handling 'You are not authorized to access this page' HP SIM 7.6

CurlyHP
Advisor

Automatic Event Handling 'You are not authorized to access this page' HP SIM 7.6

Dear Friends, Romans and fellow HP SIM headscratchers

Trying to create a new Automatic Event Handling task for a fresh installation of HP SIM 7.6 hosted on a VMware box with Windows Server 2012 R2 (Dual core processor and 8Gb RAM). Process starts ok and i can select name, select events ( I have a preformed collection) , use system attributes that I specify ( I use system type = server, Management Processor and tape Library). Takes a long time to load this page but eventually does. I then select actions in my case an email in HTML format. When I click next i get ' You are not authorized to access this page'

I am using the bundled SQL Express version. I am using an account which is Domain Admin, was used to install HP SIM and has Full Rights, Limited rights and All tools to the CMS and All Tools to All Managed Systems

Any advice gratefully received

26 REPLIES 26
Andrew_Haak
Honored Contributor

Re: Automatic Event Handling 'You are not authorized to access this page' HP SIM 7.6

Hello,

Is your user Admin in SIM ? If so also check under Options > Security > Users and Authentications.. Find your user in the second tab Users and select Edit. Check here if your user has the following right :

Central management server security configuration right: User can configure CMS security access such as creating, modifying or removing other users.

This seems to have nothing to do with this but just try it.

Kind regards,

Andrew
CurlyHP
Advisor

Thanks for the reply. Have checked and yes it does have the configuration right for CMS

n0kia
Valued Contributor

Known issue. Will be fixed in next release. Unknown eta.

Workaround is to create a new task...

Buerfent
Occasional Visitor

Good to read about, because same problem here:

Version:     Systems Insight Manager 7.6.0 - Linux
Build version:     C.07.06.00.00r76rc05
Build date:     2016-11-28 03:21

Regards

Andrew_Haak
Honored Contributor

@ Nokia, is this bug a Linux bug or does the Windows version have this bug to ? I've not seen this in my Windows 6.7. But will try to create a new autojob tomorrow.
Kind regards,

Andrew
Andrew_Haak
Honored Contributor

Hello,

I just created a new Automatic Event Hadling task with no problem. My SIM version :

Systems Insight Manager 7.6.0 - Windows
Build version: C.07.06.00.00r76rc05

2016-11-29 07:00

Kind regards,

Andrew
CurlyHP
Advisor

Sorry for delay in reply - been ill.

I am using the exact same version as yourself Andrew and am getting the issue and to reiterate on a Windows box

CurlyHP
Advisor

Unfortunately does not work with New task either

Andrew_Haak
Honored Contributor

Hello again,

Was the SIM an upgrade or fresh install? And what version of the System Management Homepage do you use ?

Is the SQL local or ar remote and what version ?

Kind regards,

Andrew