1748027 Members
4584 Online
108757 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Automatic Repository Update Error - 12003 - VCRM Service Locks Up

CrbnBlu
Occasional Visitor

Automatic Repository Update Error - 12003 - VCRM Service Locks Up

I have been battling this issue for quite some time now. I am running SIM v7.5. I have my software repository configured to auto update every other sunday at midnight. However, when that auto update time comes around it always throws an error in the log. This is what I see:

"THe automatic repository update process encountered an error while obtaining one or more files from the download site. [details]"

While I select the "details" link for more information the contents varies. Here is a sample:

"Error for file: cp002839.exe  Error code: 12003  An extended error was returned from the server.550 Failed to change  the directory."

It is always an "Error code 12003  An extended...", but the HP file in question changes. Sometimes it's a single file, sometimes it's many files. Most recently it is for a lot of files since uploading the HP SPP for April 2016. 

When this error occurs, it seems to lock up the VCRM service because anything related to the software repository becomes unusable in SIM. If I restart the VCRM service and let it scan the repository, most of the time it will correct the issue and the error will go away. I can go into the file directory and watch the HP files show up as they are downloaded. This hasn't been the case with the recent April 2016 SPP though.

I have researched the error and one of the common fixes was to change the logon user for the VCRM service to an admin account instead of the local system account. I have done this and set the VCRM service to use the same Admin account that I initially setup for SIM. This didn't seem to have any effect for me.

I haven't found much info specific to the 12003 error / 550 failed to change directory. Was hoping somebody might have more insight than me.

Thanks for any help!

Jason

2 REPLIES 2
yellingsoftly
Occasional Visitor

Re: Automatic Repository Update Error - 12003 - VCRM Service Locks Up

Does anyone else have any suggestions?  I am getting the same error "Error for file: cpxxxxx.exe  Error code: 12003  An extended error was returned from the server.550 Failed to change  the directory."  Mine is on a completely new install.  Nothing suggested seems to work as I tried restarting the vcrm service but that didn't seem to help.

yellingsoftly
Occasional Visitor

Re: Automatic Repository Update Error - 12003 - VCRM Service Locks Up

Ok, I think I might have figured out the fix.  The latest SIM 7.5 hotfix seems to fix the issue.  I did have trouble with the VCRM service not wanting to stop so the hotfix will install so you might have to use taskkill to get it to stop before installing.  

Link to hotfix available below.

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib2/software1/pubsw-windows/p532982856/v119046/SIM75_hotfix_2016_Apr_win.exe

Now components seem to be downloading just fine.  So far so good anyway :)