New Discussion юеВ

Re: Autorecovery Status remains degraded

Gerhard H. Peters
Occasional Advisor

Autorecovery Status remains degraded

Hello,

we run HP-SIM 5.0.2 and some Agents 7.40A on
Netware 6.5 Servers.
Everytime when a Netware server abends and does an autometic restart we receive 2 recovery events (an event for the abend/reboot and an ASR event).
Then we have 2 "reset" buttons on the recovery-page (one in "General Info", one in "Reboot"
Once I aknowledge one of reset buttons, both vanish, but the server still remains with a minor/degraded status in system management hompage and SIM-System Status.

What must be done that we can reset this machine status to receive a normal/OK status ?

thanks in advance
regards

Gerhard
7 REPLIES 7
Igor Karasik
Honored Contributor

Gerhard,
Try to repair all "failed" entries in HP integrated management log viewer (I mean entries like "ASR detected by system ROM")
I work with Microsoft windows , but I think it is similar for Netware
Rancher
Honored Contributor

Gerhard,
I also work with Windows but sometimes have the same problem. I usually try what Igor suggests, sometimes it clears the status and sometimes it does not. There have been a few times when the only way I could get the "Normal" status was to reboot the server!
Gerhard H. Peters
Occasional Advisor

sorry, I forgot: even when I manually set the entries in the log viewer to "repaired" it wont get back to normal... :o)
Rancher
Honored Contributor

One more thing I have tried that occasionally works is after you have reset the logs and the ASR status, do an Identify Systems on that server. This sometimes also works to get that nice green arrow back! (I have even gone so far as to delete the server from Systmes List, and rediscover it!) I have a feeling that at this point, you may just have to schedule an after-hours reboot.
Gerhard H. Peters
Occasional Advisor

thanks a lot for your hints... :o))

Rebooting the machine did it. But we, the guys from the Novell corner, are not used to restart the server with every event. So it is not very satisfying to do a reboot for resetting a status flag.

Sometimes I managed it to have the status flag reset by executing CPQAGIN.NLM and setting the agents once again - sometimes the Netware server abended here...
That abend occured when one machine had still a web connection to this servers system homepage...

I think HP has still a lot of fine tuning to do here... :o)

rgds
Gerhard

Rancher
Honored Contributor

Oh, I definitely agree with that!
Gerhard H. Peters
Occasional Advisor

- repairing entries in Log viewer
- discovering or identifying system
does not work....