108798 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: BL460 has the wrong iLO

SOLVED
Go to solution
Psychonaut
Respected Contributor

BL460 has the wrong iLO with SIM 6.2.2

I have one 460 in a c7000 with SIM 6.2.2.  The server has reported the wrong iLO for multiple servers.  Deleting the object temporarily corrects the issue.  This server did have it's mobo replaced 4 months ago, I have 32 total servers running in 4 chassis, all at the identical firmware levels.  No problems with the other records in SIM.

3 REPLIES 3
BPE
Esteemed Contributor

Identification between server and ILO is based on the serialnumber which can be read through the ILO or the management agents or wbem provider on the server. It should not happen but sometimes the serial number of the replacement are not configured correct and the method for server Ilo binding inside SIM can fail. Ask the service provider to verify the board settings.
Psychonaut
Respected Contributor
Solution

I went into the BIOS and changed the Serial Number to match the physical server.  I just double checked and noticed that the Product ID was blank, I have updated that field now.

BPE
Esteemed Contributor

Dont forget te identify system Let HP  service or your service provider  know  that the SN was not set.

Just an easy way to improve the process there ever the time optimation took place.