108792 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: BL860C + HPUX + HPSIM Health status Major

SOLVED
Go to solution
Fredrik Uddin-Backman2
Frequent Advisor

BL860C + HPUX + HPSIM Health status Major

Have a HP-UX 11.23 running on BL860C. Everything works communication wise between SIM and BL860C but I can't get it to be "Green" in Health Status. HS is Orange and when drilling down both in SIm and in SMH I can't find nay details why. I have cleared logs in ILO card and VFP status in ILO shows all Green. Every firmware in server + ILO is the latest.
8 REPLIES 8
grahamswilson
Trusted Contributor

Hi, I have a few blades running HP-UX also and if I look in SMHP (System Management Home Page, i.e. http://server:2301) I see orange status on any that use a RAID 1 device on the internal SAS controller.

I did look into this when I first noticed it and did find that it was a known issue (but I don't have the reference to hand at this point).

If you look in SMHP rather than SIM, perhaps that'll help you see if you have something similar - or where the problem may be?
Fredrik Uddin-Backman2
Frequent Advisor

Hi

Running only LVM mirror so no SAS controller RAID1 involved here. Yes I am in SMH and sees the orange status but no reason why?
Michael Leu
Honored Contributor
Solution

On our HP-UX system with SAS only (no SCSI) I also had health status major, but I could drill down and see it originating from "SCSI HBA".

So I disabled the SCSI WBEM providers:
cimprovider -d -m HPUXSCSIProviderModule
cimprovider -d -m HPUXSCSICSProviderModule
/sbin/init.d/cim_server stop
/sbin/init.d/cim_server start
The next day the system was green.

Maybe this helps...
Michael Leu
Honored Contributor

I was curious why this issue did not appear on our HP-UX 11.31 systems and found defect ID QXCR1000805651 here http://docs.hp.com/en/5992-4198/ch01s13.html

When I opened a case at HP for HP-UX 11.23 I was told that the issue was known and a fix for SCSIProvider01 should be available in September 2009.
http://h20392.www2.hp.com/portal/swdepot/displayProductInfo.do?productNumber=SCSIProvider01
IT Response
Esteemed Contributor

IS the new WBEM SCSI provider available yet?
Where can customers get the update?

Thanks,
Lynda
IT Response
Esteemed Contributor

Could someone please clarify on when the newest WBEM SCSI provider will be available and how to secure a copy?

Thank You,
Lynda Russell
Michael Leu
Honored Contributor

You can get the software at the last link I posted above.

I have been refreshing that page daily, but still no update...
IT Response
Esteemed Contributor

Good Morning, Has the new provider been release yet?

Thank You,
Lynda Russell