1752807 Members
5804 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: BUG REPORT

Urbus

BUG REPORT

The VCRM reports an error while trying to download a file from web.
-----------------------

VCRM log entry: https://SERVER7:2381/vcrepository/log?entryId=VCRM1188886377
Error for file: catalog.xml
Error code: 2147500037

Error downloading remote file ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/servers/software/WindowsIntegrity/catalog.xml to local file C:\hp\hpsmh\data\webapp-data\vcrepository\catalog.xml.

-----------------------

I opened ftp resource manually and found this file to be empty (length is 0 bytes).
21 REPLIES 21
David Claypool
Honored Contributor

This forum is not an official method for reporting bugs. You need to contact HP Customer Services in the country in which you reside.

Most likely you accessed the file during a website update. Try again.
Urbus

This situation is longing for two weeks now.
Melissa O'Brien
Frequent Advisor

I don't think this is a bug...I have the same problem. I have the automatic update set to run every night at midnight and get the same errors.

Last time I called about the VCRM update failing the support guy said it's always best to run it at night...but that is still failing!
Jimmy Rueedi
Frequent Advisor

Hi all

The same situation is here.
I tried the following without any success:

1) changed download time from midnight (CEST, is 22:00 UTC) to 20:00 (18:00 UTC)

2) configured the VCRM- Service to run under an administrative acc (as suggested in thread http://forums1.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?threadId=860709)

3) Updated to HP SIM 5.1SP1

4) Tried (in cooperation with our networking team) with and whithout using our proxy, using a networking route directly to the internet using only NAT and bypass our firewall. Everytime the same....

5) deleted all files within this directory:
It wroted the file catalogindex.xml (around 6KB) and the file catalog.xml (around 6MB)
one or two minutes later, the file catalog.xml was deleted (or anything like this, and the error message occured again.
In the log is written, that "there was a problem with a downloaded file cp00xxxx.exe and the file has been deleted....."
the files were:
- cp007976.exe
- cp001856.exe
- cp001139.exe
- cp000735.exe

5a) I then downloaded those files manually and restarted the "update from hp.com now"

This failed with the same behaviour as before but, without the mentioned files (well, they are existing now, aren't they :-/ )

Several things that I've seen, while browsing ftp.hp.com:

1) in the mentioned path (C:\hp\hpsmh\data\webapp-data\vcrepository) I found an empty file catalog.xml which is emtpy... (Could that be one reason?)

2) There are several folder twice or more times whith similar names. For example:
- Path ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/servers/software/ :
- WindowsIntegerity
- WindowsIntegrrit
- Windowsintergity
- WindowsIntegrity

seems not to be likely for a company as like HP to show that there is likely a chaos in their structure... ;-)
(This is only ONE example, there are many more....)

Dear HP: what can we provide more on information to resolve this?

BTW: Is there a way to reduce the severity to something LESS than critical?
(I'm not amused to wake up every night by a ringing pager for something that isn't really critical, and my colleagues are requesting my head cutted off, if this doesn't stop....)

Regards
Jimmy
CCalvin
Occasional Advisor

I've had the same issue for quite some time.
Dominik Meier
Occasional Advisor

The same Problem here. Someone informed HP about this Problem?
FrankW
Frequent Advisor

I have exactly the same issue and am not able to resolve the problem myself. Indeed, using an FTP client to open that path on HP servers, shows the catalog.xml file is 0 bytes.

HP, are you asleep at the switch or is someone actually listening?
Jimmy Rueedi
Frequent Advisor

Hi all

Well, I just opened a call at HP Switzerland, using this thread as a reference.

Let's see, what happen :-)

Regards
Jimmy
Jimmy Rueedi
Frequent Advisor

I received a call from HP today:
The catalog.xml was replaced, I get the order to test the automatic update.

Seemed to work properly.

Lets look forward hopefully :-)

Regards
Jimmy