Server Management - Systems Insight Manager
1753550 Members
5481 Online
108795 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Bad Memory not being displayed??

Adam Whelan

Bad Memory not being displayed??

Hey guys, the system health light turned yellow on one of my servers. So I popped the server open and found that one of the dimm's was lit up, so I called dell and got the replacement memory sent out ect... My question is why wouldn't this problem show up in System Management Homepage? Should I see something degraded or failed? Instead its showing everything is fine.

Thanks!
4 REPLIES 4
Rob Buxton
Honored Contributor

Re: Bad Memory not being displayed??

If it's a Dell, there are no agents to pick up the fault and send it via SNMP to HPSIM.
HP Servers have a set of agents on them which do exactly that.
Adam Whelan

This is a HP Proliant dl380 g4 server. I don't have a SIM server setup. I just have the local System Management that came with the machine. I have setup snmp on that machine and see all the agents. But it doesn't show anything being failed even though a dimm has failed.

Thanks
Rob Buxton
Honored Contributor

What version of the agents?
I would have thought they would have shown the failed DIMM.
We recently had a memory failure here, I know HPSIm alerted us so the agents certainly detected the error.
I didn't look at the SMH though as I was not involved in getting HP to replace it.
Adam Whelan

the newest 7.60, but I actually installed everything after I knew there was a problem. But I would still think it should have seen it even if the condition existed before the install of the agents...