108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Basic problem with SIM...

SOLVED
Go to solution
iguanas
Occasional Advisor

Basic problem with SIM...

The problem im experiencing, is that in the "all systems" in system list i can see the discovered items, but for the computers i only get the hostname and the system type, i cant see anithing more (like the os, hardware, etc) im missing something in the configuration of the discovered pc┬┤s? thanks in advance and sorry for the bad english
11 REPLIES 11
Andrzej Kowalik
Honored Contributor

Check SNMP configuration - "community name", and "trap destinations" on client systems - must point to HP SIM server.

regards,
Andrzej Kowalik
iguanas
Occasional Advisor

Already had those points configured rightfully (well im using the defaults comunity names for testing purposes only)
i attach the actual screenshots of my snmp configuration on the client
Andrzej Kowalik
Honored Contributor

Trap destination on "Traps" tab is ok?
What is status of such servers? Sim recognized they as servers or are "unmanaged"?

regards,
Andrzej Kowalik
iguanas
Occasional Advisor

i think that trap destinations are ok...
i attach a file.
SIM recognize the servers as unmanaged
Andrzej Kowalik
Honored Contributor

I think problem is with communication client-SIM. Try to check that SNMP traps can go to the SIM server. Maybe you have switched or routed network, and snmp is blocked?

regards,
Andrezj Kowalik
Andrzej Kowalik
Honored Contributor

lacprocbaas002 is name of your SIM server?
iguanas
Occasional Advisor

yes, this is the name of my simserver. I will check the routers and the switches configuration and i will post again
iguanas
Occasional Advisor

I was told that snmp is used for manage the routers in the lan, plus, when i choose auto discovery in SIM it detects the printers and recongnize them as printers
iguanas
Occasional Advisor

i installed the insight agent in one of the servers, and now ISA can see it, and not only list by "ping", like the others. it also indicates that wmi and snmp are active