Server Management - Systems Insight Manager
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best way to to move servers from CIM 4.2 CMS to a new SIM 5.0 CMS?

James Glass_2
Occasional Contributor

Best way to to move servers from CIM 4.2 CMS to a new SIM 5.0 CMS?

I have been running CIM 4.2 on a server I would like to retire due to age. I have built a new SIM 5.0 SP4 server that I would like to migrate all of the CIM 4.2 managed servers over to. Its not a problem to discover these servers on the new SIM 5.0 CMS but in order to replicate a good agent setting I have on the 5.0 server to one of the CIM 4.2 managed servers I have to manually go into that agent and change the trust seeting to the cert of the SIM 5.0 server before I can do this. Is there a way I can change the trust setting on all of my CIM 4.2 managed servers to trust the cert from the new 5.0 server or is this going to be a manual thing?
1 REPLY
kc2kth
Frequent Advisor

Re: Best way to to move servers from CIM 4.2 CMS to a new SIM 5.0 CMS?

I would start by turning on the option in SIM5 allowing SIM to automatically discover any device it receives snmp traffic from, followed by reconfiguring and restarting SNMP on my managed hosts so they now point to the new SIM5 box. Once the hosts are in the new CMS, I believe you can perform an initial agent configuration using an admin account and password. Part of this configuration would be to configure the certificate trust option. This can, I believe, be done on a group of servers.