1752664 Members
6010 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Blade Enclousures not Showing properly

David OBoyle
Occasional Contributor

Blade Enclousures not Showing properly

I cant see any info on the top enslousure and i have installed the most recent firmware on the enclousures and power modules

I also have blade servers missing from the other 2 enclousures

any ideas

screenshot attached
8 REPLIES 8
David OBoyle
Occasional Contributor

Re: Blade Enclousures not Showing properly

shot attached
David Claypool
Honored Contributor

If you access an iLO and view the p-Class tab to display the enclosure, is it able to properly display? If the hardware can't display it, then HP SIM can't.
David OBoyle
Occasional Contributor

thanks for the reply

i can view the enclosure and all blades through an ilo
SebastianT
Advisor

Same thing happens with two out of the four C blade chassis in my SIM. I am able to see the fully loaded chassis through the Onboard Administrator, but not from the enclosure.

I was able to completed delete all the items from one of the enclosures, then delete the enclosure from SIM and rediscover it. It came back showing correctly all blades, switches, and onboard administrator.

The second enclosure, did not allow me to delete all blades. One of the blades when I select the delete option on it, it pops the message that "you cannot delete enclosures, racks, etc." For some strange reason this blade assumed the role of the enclosure, and will not let me delete it, thus not able to delete the enclosure either.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Seb
breakpoint_arun
Advisor

David, the servers in the enclosure shows up only if explicitly discovered using the IP of the server (or its iLO). Im guessing, you discovery range does not include the missing servers.

breakpoint_arun
Advisor

Seb, try deleting the server from "All Systems" listing. some earlier versions of HP BladeSystem Integrated Manager selects the enclosure by default - in the enclosure picture view - you have manually uncheck them.
David OBoyle
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for the reply,

i have checked and the ip's are in the discovery range

any further advice?
breakpoint_arun
Advisor

Next thing i'd check is if the PSP agents are installed and running alright in the missing servers.

first, check the system page of missing server.
you can search for server using the IP. If the device is identified properly (as a "Blade, HP BladeSystem p-Class, HP ProLiant" under product description), PSP is installed.

second, on the missing server, check for "HP ProLiant Rack Infrastructure Interface Service" (assuming its on windows) this service is responsible for providing the encl. and rack details of server.
on unix check for process "cpqriisd", i think.