1753674 Members
5331 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Blade Power Enclosure in SIM 5.0 and other Identification Issues

RobSmith
Frequent Advisor

Blade Power Enclosure in SIM 5.0 and other Identification Issues

Hi everyone, thanks again for any help you can give.

Have several Blade power supply enclosures that are showing up in SIM, but they show each of the power slots as being empty. The Chassis enclosures have been updated to the latest firmware, and the ilo's are all running ver 1.82, and I have run discovery on all the Servers and their ilo processors.

Anyone else run into this?

ALso, I have a few entries that just will not seem to associate themselves with each other, for example, an ilo will not associate with its server.
10 REPLIES 10
RobSmith
Frequent Advisor

Still looking.
The HP tech on the phone advised me to basically power down everything and restart, which I did, and to no avail.

Anyone else experience this issue?
Ferry Steenvoorde
Valued Contributor

Same configuration, same issue.

Though for some reason, one out of 10 Power Enclosures shows up in HPSIM with the correct amount of power modules in the bays (see attachment). The general status of the Power Enclosure is still "Unknown", just like the other nine Power Enclosures that are shown in HPSIM.
All of the BL20p-enclosures on all five racks show up correctly, with all available information, both in HPSIM and on the local ILO-boards.
All 10 Power Enclosures do show up correctly in the Rack View on the ILO-boards.

Now what's the difference? Until now, the only thing I see is that the single Enclosure that shows the power modules has:
-Power Redundancy Load Share Cable Not Present
-Load Balance Wire Not Present

On all the other nine Power Enclosures, the "Load Balance Wire" IS present and I do not get the "Power Reduncancy" line in the enclosure status.

Maybe the MIB that is used to detect the Power Enclosure status is not correct, or the "HP Proliant Rack Infrastructure Interface Service" needs an update (running Support Pack 7.40 now).

I'm getting this problem too.

Also, when I try to do a data collection on, for example, one of the enclosures, I get "Data collection was skipped for this system because the system is suspended or inaccessible."

Still no ideas?
Joel Rubenstein
Honored Contributor

This is a known issue and is currently being investigated by HP.

Really? Do you have any more informaion? Patch release dates etc...
RobSmith
Frequent Advisor

yeah, was nice of them to tell me, as my issue should still be open.

:)
Thanks for your comments all. Looking forward to the fix.
James Kennedy_4
Trusted Contributor

I had this in my environement. I upgraded the enclosure firmware to version 2.20 and then a few days later everything showed up properly again.
Phong Thai_2
Frequent Advisor

I'm having the same problem. My blade enclosures are full with blades, but SIM 5.0 does not show the enclosures as being full with blades.

Has anyone heard from HP whether there's a fix for this issue?
Ben Stuart
Occasional Advisor

I am seeing the same here.

I have read that becuase the power enclosures don't have NIC's, they will always show a question mark, but I atleast want SIM to recognize what power supplies are where and what blades are where.