New Discussion юеВ

Blade / Rack Temperature with HPSIM

SOLVED
Go to solution
Rodolphe_1
Advisor

Blade / Rack Temperature with HPSIM

Hello everybody,

I want to get the temperature of a HP rack or blade, and I see it can be done by a SNMP trap.
So I followed instructions from HP site and if found the matching OID :
for "cpqHeTemperatureChassis" object (for example)

Then I tried to explore this OID by a MIB Browser on my HPSIM server, I didn't find it ; I had nothing more than 1.3.6.1.4.1

In addition I made an update on MIB on my HPSIM server, with no more success.

So if anyone could help me on the procedure to get the blade temperature in HPSIM, I would be grateful to him/her ; it would allow me to send automatically a mail in case of overheating...
4 REPLIES 4
Scott Shaffer
Esteemed Contributor
Solution

Re: Blade / Rack Temperature with HPSIM

That's not the right variable (as you no doubt guessed.) That variable is for a system chassis temperature sensor - something that's just inside the box. As far as I know, we no longer have those types of sensors.

Instead, look in CPQRACK.MIB - it contains the blade/rack MIB entries. In particular, first look to see if the enclosure supports a temperature sensor (cpqRackCommonEnclosureHasTempSensors) then look at the cpqRackCommonEnclosureTempTable to get the complete information on a per-enclosure bassis (note that multiple enclosures are listed in this table - indexed by the serial number.)

It is important to note that this MIB is only available when talking to BL-class blade severs.
Dude, we've been totally misled by our album covers!
Rodolphe_1
Advisor

Thanks for your answer, this file is a "golden mine" ;-)
Wizard

According to a ticket I just opened with HP, and (according to them) they do not support this on the HP C-class blade enclosures nor have I found it to work.

When performing and SNMP get/walk to cpqRackCommonEnclosureTempTable the Onboard Administrator (OA) does not return any values. Nor does cpqRackCommonEnclosureTempTable (1.3.6.1.4.1.232.22.2.3.1.2) even appear under cpqRackCommonEnclosure (1.3.6.1.4.1.232.22.2.3.1).
KaniaJoe
Regular Advisor

Has there been any updates to this? I am trying to monitro the racks with NNM and need to compile the properMIBs....