Server Management - Systems Insight Manager
1752621 Members
4748 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Blades not appearing in picture view of enclosures.

Gregory Natola

Blades not appearing in picture view of enclosures.

Greetings,

We've had SIM running in our environment for some time. However, not all blades appear in the picture view of an enclosure. The blades have been discovered, but do not appear in picture view. As a matter of fact, not all of our enclosures have been discovered automatically. I can't figure out why. Can anyone help?
1 REPLY 1
Scott Shaffer
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Blades not appearing in picture view of enclosures.

I posted this above, but cut/paste it here in case you are looking for a response via email.

The main way to resolve this is to make sure you are running the latest version of the firmware and software - if you aren't, I can pretty much assure you that you'll see problems.

You need to upgrade the blade server FW, the iLO FW (1.84), the FW in the enclosure (2.30), and the FW in the switches (2.2 for the GbE2, 12.2(25) for the Cisco) to the latest versions. You also need to be running the latest agents (7.51) and SIM SP4.

After you do this, rediscover the blades with HPSIM and after a little bit of identification time you should see the correct pictures. If you don't, please let us know by calling into HP support.

Thanks,
Scott
Dude, we've been totally misled by our album covers!