108781 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Blank Product Name

SOLVED
Go to solution
Albert Austin
Esteemed Contributor

Have you tried sending a SNMP test trap? If not then I suggest you do that as it would confirm if SNMP is actually working as it should.
Also what kind of environment (win,linux, netware...) are you running and is this seen on all environments or one particular?
Stan Foster

I am seeing the same problem. Running SIM 5.0 SP4 and SMH version 7.51.

On the Remove system it is like the SMH cannot communicate with SNMP even though SNMP is configured and running. My System Model is Unknown and when going to the Settings tab there is no options for SNMP
Albert Austin
Esteemed Contributor

Is SNMP available through SERVICES? IS it running? You could configure/change the settings through SERVICES panel.

I would suggest you to start a new thread and also describe a bit more of your environment, for the forum to be able to help you more with your problem.
Albert Austin
Esteemed Contributor

Is SNMP available through SERVICES? IS it running? You could configure/change the settings through SERVICES panel.

pdonisi & Stan Foster:
I would suggest you both to start a new thread and also describe a bit more of your environment/s, for the forum to be able to help you more with your problem/s.
pdonisi

Guys,
In my particular case I had configured some of my snmp agents wrong. I did not have the loopback address set (I only had the IP of my SIM Server)and was missing the read only community string (I only had the read write).

I also did not have the correct default write community string set under the Global Protocal Settings.

After correcting the configurations I stopped and restarted services deleted the affected machines from SIM and re-discovered the devices. That fixed my problems. Except the ones that are on the DMZ but that's a different problem.

Double check all of your settings because I thought I had configured the Default Protocol Settings but didn't. I also thought I had all my servers configured the exact same way for snmp but did not.

Paul