New Discussion

Re: C-Class Enclosure Contract & Warranty

SOLVED
Go to solution
Schwarzie
Frequent Advisor

C-Class Enclosure Contract & Warranty

Hi,

Hope someone here can help me with HP SIM and my C-Class Blade enclosures.

Im trying to confirm the contract & warranty checks for my enclosures in SIM.  I'm satisfied that all the hardware has been discovered correctly.  The problem I have is the contract & warranty check returns the following error .....

"HP SIM received an error from the back-end contract and warranty service at hp.com, additional details are below.
Product number was not found: 9"

No problem for any other hardware as I can edit this value in system properties. Not for Blade Enclosures however as they dont have this option available.

Where am I going wrong?  The version of SIM Im using is 6.3

Any tips will be greatly appreciated!

5 REPLIES 5
Bart_Heungens
Honored Contributor

Hi,

You can enter this information for the 1 or 2 Onboard Administrator modules... They will be verified for warranty status...

Just checked it in my HP SIM, works fine...

BTW it should be discovered anyway from the OA itself, if you give the right credentials...

Kr,

Bart

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If my post was useful, clik on my KUDOS! "White Star" !
Schwarzie
Frequent Advisor

Hi Bart,

Thanks for your reply, apprecaite it!

The discovery has obtained all the correct components and all the serial numbers already.  The Onboard Administrator modules have their own serial numbers as do the enclosures.

As a test I canged the serial numbers of the two Onboard Administrators to the serial number of the enclosure but that hasnt had the desired effect.

The warranty check on the enclosure still fails.  If I run the Remote Support Entltlement Checker I get this error.  "Entitlement verification resulted in the following: * serial number ########## and product number 9 no customer data returned".

The serial number is recognised correctly by HP, I can confirm this by entering the serial into the HP PartSurfer website.  Its the fact that its trying to match the part number 9 which is obviously incorrect.

Bart_Heungens
Honored Contributor
Solution

Hi,

You should not change the serial numbers of the OA's... Leave them like they are...

The thing is that SIM recognizes the 2 OA's with their productnumbers anc create an association with the discovered enclosure. However on enclosure level in SIM there is no product number filled in. And that is why the Warranty collection fails.

In SIM it is a bit tricky to set it (if it is not set yet). Inside SIM select the enclosure itself (somewhere where it is possible to slect it with a checkbox) and then go to Options - System Properties - Set System Properties.

There you have the option to set the product number of the enclosure itself.

If you re-run afterwards the Warranty Collection, you don't get the error 9 anymore... Just doublechecked it on my environment.

Kr,

Bart

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Schwarzie
Frequent Advisor

Bart, you are a legend!!!

Thank you so much for your help!!

Points are on the way

Bart_Heungens
Honored Contributor

You're welcome...

Thanks!