Server Management - Systems Insight Manager
1748177 Members
4152 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: CIM 5.5 Problem after installing SP2 for W2003

SiegfriedKoehl

CIM 5.5 Problem after installing SP2 for W2003

My CIM 5.5 worked perfectly until i installed the SP2 for Windows 2003 Server. Now it isn't possible to clear the Management Log. "Failed while attempting a set" "Verify that the control community string....". As all Servers with W2003 SP1 are manageable it must be a problem with SP2 for W2003-Server. What has changed with SP2? I don't want to install the newest Version of SIM for some reasons. Any ideas?
4 REPLIES 4
Rob Buxton
Honored Contributor

Check the SNMP Settings. I'd recheck that community names and the allowed hosts are both still set as expected.
Note that the default changed in W2003 to allow selected hosts. Perhaps the SP2 reset this to allow selected hosts?
You'll need entries for localhost plus one for the HPSIM server itself.
SiegfriedKoehl

Well I checked all this. But installing SP2 didn't change any entries in the snmp-settings. What I noticed since then is, that the 'Insight Event Notifier' wasn't running. It started with error-code 1. But I fixed this by doing the configuration. Anyway it didn't help to the original problem.

Siegfried.
Rob Buxton
Honored Contributor

You don't need the Event Notifier if you're using HPSIM and the agents.
I doubt if it was running before the upgrade either.
Can you clear the IML entries from the IML GUI directly?
SiegfriedKoehl

Yes, I didn't know that it is possible to Clear the IML entries directly. Thats a workaround.